What's on your menu today, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 7/29/14 9:41 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Oh, hello there OH friends! Good morning! It is an insanely beautiful day here in the Mid-Atlantic, I hope it is where you are as well. 

Last night I went to my second BodyPump class and it was AWESOME! i'm a little sore today, but I don't feel like I'm going to die like I did last week. It was hard work, but I actually had fun and I really liked the instructor.

I did make the Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs last night and I highly recommend them (I couldn't resist them and ended up switching last night's dinner to them!). I ate three with some marinara sauce and they awesome. They took about 5 minutes to throw together and then 20 minutes to bake, so it was super easy. I also lined my baking dish with tinfoil, so the clean up was literally washing one bowl, one spoon, and throwing away some tin foil - even better. Two thumbs up all around!

Time since surgery: 20 weeks

B: Loaded Greek Yogurt

S: Chike (my one and only love right now)

L: Quest bar (too many meetings today!)

S: almonds and string cheese

D: meatballs!

S: Cool Whip FroYo

TOTALS: Calories 823, Protein 87, Carbs 63, Fat 34

V/W: Started

E: walked this morning, planning to hit the Y after my evening program

Headed in to work a little late this morning because I have an evening program - I meet my colleague to walk, but now I'm planning to lounge a bit - yippe. Hope everyone has a great day full of good choices!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Louise1974
on 7/29/14 10:34 pm

Good morning!!!  It is chilly and overcast here.  Today is usually the day I hike all day but my house is a wreck and my finances are a wreck and my car is a wreck and...  You get the picture.  So I am devoting this kid free day to getting my life in order!  I hope to have accomplished this task by 2 because then I can take a 3 hour kayak before the babysitter has to go home.  Wish me luck!  It is really trashed around here :)

On the food front I have been doing awesome.  Today is day five of my elimination challenge to figure out this food allergy thing and I have been 100% compliant.  Wahoo!  And the foods I am eating are all really great post op foods and I think I am getting somewhere because my gi symptoms are settling down.  Hallelujah!

Time since surgery:  22 months

S:  tea with soy milk

B:  chia pudding (1/4 c chia seeds, 1 cup soy milk, splenda, vanilla, are you making this folks?  it tastes just like tapioca pudding!)

L:  veggie soup (fresh veggies, herbs, chicken stock)

L2:  salad with roasted chicken and lemon herb vinagerette

D:  burger, grilled zucchini, cucumber salad

Without whey protein powder, dairy, and eggs, my protein has definitely dipped a little.  I think today's total will be under 60 which is low.  I am still figuring out how to eat like this so I am okay with some days lower than normal.  Also, all the veggies (which fill me up leaving less room for protein) make me really really happy and much less likely to lose my mind and eat a twinkie, which is horrible on so many levels.  So for now, while my diet is restricted, I am not worrying about it as much. 

Have a great day everyone!  I am diving into my to do list because the lake is waiting for me!!!!!

AnnyBananny
on 7/29/14 11:41 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Ya, Louise! So glad you've been staying on track lately. I know it's been a struggle for you so that's awesome. The allergy-test weed out sounds tough, but I'm sure it will be worth it in the end - keep up the great (hard) work.

My favorite thing to do when I'm cleaning/organizing is to listen to an audiobook. Have you ever tried it? I get engrossed in the book and the cleaning or whatever just goes so much more quickly. Your local public library might even have downloadables that you can do directly from home...

Louise1974
on 7/30/14 12:07 am

That is a great idea!  My husband has a big commute and he gets audio books from the library.  I have spent the morning multi-tasking:  arguing with my insurance company on the phone while cleaning!

karenp8
on 7/29/14 11:11 pm - Brighton, IL

Good morning people! It's a beautiful day here in Illinois. Sunny and even a *****illy for the end of July. My tablet says it is 58 here now. I am 23 months post op today and my weight is 120.8 this morning. Lily and I took our walk already and went 3.67 miles today. In a few minutes I will do 16 minutes on the health rider. I will also do 200 crunches at some point before I go to bed tonight. On track with vitamins and fluids too so far. Now for my food: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz left over chicken thigh and 1/4c pineapple with 1/4 c Greek yogurt S apple with peanut butter D 31/2 oz lean pork chop and 1/2 c fresh steamed green beans S Greek yogurt with nuts. Have a great day everybody!

AnnyBananny
on 7/29/14 11:42 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Ok, Karen, I have to ask - are you doing 16 minutes or was that a typo? I ask because I want to know how you came to 16 minutes if that is in fact what your plan is!

Pork chops sound good! I haven't tried pork yet, but maybe I will soon.

karenp8
on 7/30/14 12:12 am - Brighton, IL

Yeah I do 16 minutes because there are 4 hand positions on the Health rider so I do 4 minutes in each position. I started out with 20 minutes like I was doing on the bike but apparently the health rider burns more calories since it uses arms and legs and I started losing weight again which I don't really need to do since I am right at the bottom of a normal bmi. I never ever thought I would be watching my weight so as not to go too low. You just never know!

(deactivated member)
on 7/30/14 1:35 am

I put pork in the crock pot with some sugar-free peach or apricot preserves and it comes out really tender.It is one meal that I have been eating a lot and I don't get sick of it.Just put the crock pot on low.

AnnyBananny
on 7/30/14 3:16 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Oh, so easy 3B! Love it! Do you do a pork roast? Or chops? What cut?

Dcgirl
on 7/29/14 11:36 pm, edited 7/29/14 11:37 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi Anny and Louise and Karen and everyone! Anny, so glad you loved your class! I am going to have to try that recipe. My stomach has not been loving the 99% fat-free ground turkey I made this week. I think I may have to buy 93% fat-free for moisture. 

Louise, good for you for taking care of all the wrecks lol. I made some goals for the 1.5 weeks I was off work and I feel so much better being (somewhat) organized now :) It's hard to get the motivation to start the cleaning and organizing but it's so good when it's done! I'm glad your GI issues are clearing up though I feel badly you can't eat all of those items. Sounds like you are making good choices however.

I have been stuck at 203 for about five days. Grrrr. I know it's part of the process. I just never know whether I should increase or decrease calories, shock the body with or without carbs...well, you know how it goes :)

Onto my menu:

Time since surgery: 7.5 months

b: Chike protein iced coffee (my true love too, Anny!)

l: taco seasoned ground turkey with Mexican cheese and hot sauce 

s: a chicken sausage before the gym

d: boar's head turkey and a slice of jalapeño cheese

s2: if I am hungry during the day I have cherries and skinny popcorn 100 calorie bags

e: 25 minutes personal training and an hour on the treadmill (and rewarding myself with a pedicure after lol)

v: yep

If I have all my food and snacks I will be around 900 calories, 90 G protein, 50 g carbs. 

Have a great day, everyone! Em

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 504 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 412 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 420 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 6 replies · 31 views