Got My Date...Reactions

iHeartTeas
on 7/30/14 12:48 pm

Looks like Aug. 22nd is the big day.  I found out today and I can honestly I've been waiting so long for this and that expected to be off th wall excited about the official day but instead nothing.  Well, not nothing but not what I thought it would be like.  It's just weird.  I think it may be shock.

What were your reactions? 

Jenn S.
on 7/30/14 1:12 pm - Boise, ID
RNY on 06/16/14

I was pretty calm when I got my date.  I think for most of the time between when I found out and about a week before surgery I thought something would happen to screw it all up and surgery would be cancelled. I guess that was my way of trying to protect myself from being disappointed. I got nervous the day of surgery but for the most part it was all pretty calm reactions.  I didn't have any off the wall excitement or anything even though I was happy to be finally having surgery. 

iHeartTeas
on 7/31/14 12:45 am

So glad to know I'm not the only one.  I think I am just so afraid of being hopeful.  At least the good news is I feel better about it this morning.  I am now optimistically cautious which is pretty big for me. 

CerealKiller Kat71
on 7/30/14 10:56 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

I actually felt dread because of the pre-op diet.  Lol. Then fear.  I was so afraid that I'd regret it or fail this too. 

Seven months later, I can tell you that it's the best decision I've ever made next to my beautiful son. Both of them required my stomach to be sliced open -- and both have made my life worth living!!

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

iHeartTeas
on 7/31/14 12:58 am

I am nervous about the diet too.  I have to take the meal replacement for 15 days.  I keep saying it will be worth it which I am certain it will.  I'm just looking forward to the other side.  I agree about kids.  I am doing this for my 7 yr old daughter and 9 month old son.  They deserve a better mother and I deserve the chance to do it all.  So as you said seems good things keep happening when I get surgery in that particular area. LOL :)

CerealKiller Kat71
on 7/31/14 1:07 am, edited 7/31/14 1:08 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I will be honest, the two week pre-op (for me it was 4 shakes a day) was the most difficult part so far. Of course, it didn't help that it was the week before and after Christmas.  Ugh!  But, I really learned a lot about myself, my strength, and about my relationship with food. I found an empowerment that I didn't even know was inside of me. 

My son, or really my complete devotion and love for him, was my impetus to change the direction of my health. I will tell you, at seven months out and being able to run and play with him -- to ride bicycles with him -- for his little arms to reach around me when he hugs me-- and most of all, to be far more likely to attend his graduation, wedding and hold HIS babies -- the pre-op diet was worth every last minute.  

Wishing you the same. 

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

chulbert
on 7/31/14 12:50 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

It was all pretty surreal for me.  I doubt anyone totally wraps their mind around it.

iHeartTeas
on 7/31/14 12:59 am

I agree 100%!!!

selhard
on 7/31/14 5:05 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

I was relieved the surgery date was in the early winter so I could spend the cold, dark winter months recuperating.  I was glad it was just before the Holidays so I could use my surgery as the reason not to stress-out over the holiday expectations.  I was confident the surgery date coincided with my birthday as a positive sign the post-op life was going to great....and it is, you'll soon see!

Roseptl6465
on 7/31/14 9:03 am

How long do you have to wait to get a surgery date?  And how much weight do you have to loose to have the surgery?

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 369 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 341 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 341 views