Experiences with Dr. Hutter at Mass General?

cpower100
on 8/1/14 5:32 am

I am new here and just set up my surgical consult with Dr. Hutter for September.  My insurance requirements are met and I am on track for oct/nov surgery.  Do you have any experiences to share about Dr. Hutter or the MGH weight center?

KLNRDH
on 8/1/14 7:40 am

I don't have any experience with Mass Gen except when I went to their info session at the Marriott in Peabody last spring. I ended up going through Lahey in Burlington since a coworker had a great experience there. I wish you success on your journey!

Kris N RDH    

Age: 45  5' 4 1/2" HW: 298  SW: 261  GW: 150    RNY:  4/17/14 Dr Brams-Mass

Reinette
on 8/1/14 8:47 am - Marlborough, MA
RNY on 06/16/14

I went with Dr Pecquex at St Elizabeth's in Brighton.  She was amazing. :)

HW: 333; Weight at 1st visit: 318.6; SW: 304.4; CW: 218.4

baepage
on 8/1/14 10:18 pm - MA
RNY on 04/22/13

I don't know about Mass General, I went to Winchester hospital with Dr Ameri, awesome surgeon.  Best of luck to you

Barbara

Alinnessa
on 9/17/14 8:46 am - Boston, MA
Alinnessa
on 9/17/14 8:46 am - Boston, MA
Alinnessa
on 9/17/14 8:53 am - Boston, MA

Cpower100 dr hutter is the best surgeon at mgh. I had a surgery with him on august 18. And my experience with him was absolutely great. He is very experienced and thorough doctor. He will take time to answer all your questions, make sure you write it down as you may forget them. He will take time to go over all possibilities of surgery and will help you decide the right one for you. He is the best and I totally trust him. So he is highly recommended. 

Alinnessa
on 9/17/14 8:53 am - Boston, MA

Cpower100 dr hutter is the best surgeon at mgh. I had a surgery with him on august 18. And my experience with him was absolutely great. He is very experienced and thorough doctor. He will take time to answer all your questions, make sure you write it down as you may forget them. He will take time to go over all possibilities of surgery and will help you decide the right one for you. He is the best and I totally trust him. So he is highly recommended. 

cpower100
on 9/17/14 9:11 am

Hi Alinnessa,

thank you for your reply.  My surgery is scheduled for RNY on Oct 6.  I am excited but also super nervous.  Which surgery did you have?  Can you tell me anything about your recovery or experiences since surgery?  I am going in for my pre-op nut appointment on Friday and I have heard that the pre-op diet at MGH is not liquid only, what was your experience? Any info you can share would be great!

Alinnessa
on 9/17/14 3:43 pm - Boston, MA

Cpower100 hello, I had RNY surgery and I was too exsited and super nervous. Preop diet wasn't hard for me all I ate was salads and chicken or fish for breakfast you drink protein shake or kefir and fruits. No bread no pasta no potato or rise. And a day before surgery you are on liquid diet. I started two days later because my sister had a birthday and we celebrated. But with each consecutive day I noticed that I was eating less and less, subconsciously I was ready for the surgery. You will be able to eat everything but within time period. So don't say good bye to your favorite foods. Enjoy them but don't overeat it will help you.  Walk outside or gym try to be as active as possible now it will help you as well. My anatomy was little different so it took extra hour for a surgery but I was glad that I chose doctor Hutter as he has a lot of experience operating in all of these organs. I was in recovery room for about 2-3 hrs then transferred to a floor. I felt bloated with gas and as if I overate but no pain. In about an hr after getting to my room I had to walk little bit. Then fell asleep again. With every day even every 12 hrs you get and feel better and stronger. I walked a lot in the hospitals hallways it made me feel better. It was getting rid of gas. Also you can ask for a chair if you are uncomfortable in bad. I asked the first night. I would walk during night few times during day as much as I could it helped me. Trust me it gets better every hr.  On wensday I was stronger and released home. On nutrition side I was a day behind of schedule of what they told you you need to drink and then in 2 weeks eat as well. It's a little challenge but I figured what works for me good as for each person it's different and at different rate adopts and different foods works best for each person. Don't worry it is not hard as the hardest part is surgery. And once the surgery is done it's all downhill from there with each day you get stronger and stronger make sure you have to walk every day. I feel better everyday and lighter. It is hard work but it is worth it. I get more energy now and able to walk and enjoy it now. It became easier for me to walk. It is the right choice don't doubt yourself it is a big step and you know what you want and you have a goal and go for it. The nurses in the unit were good to me and well the whole team actually was good to me very professional. If you have any questions feel free to ask I will help.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 420 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 424 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 236 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?