Gallbladder?

Angela_Italiana
on 8/1/14 6:42 am - CA
RNY on 03/04/13

Anyone have any gallbladder issues after surgery? 

Im sixteen months post-op and noticed a dull pain under my right rib-cage over the last couple of months. It is quite dull but still noticeable. At first I didn't think much of it given it's randomness in occurrence, but it seems to be happening more frequently.

I have a doctors appt on Monday to discuss my vitamins (just had blood work done), so I'll mention it then. Just looking to see if anyone has had a similar experience.

Thanks!

Oxford Comma Hag
on 8/1/14 7:10 am

I had mine out two months after RnY. Mine came on fairly suddenly, so I had an ultrasound, and what do you know? Sludge in the gallbladder, so out it came. I don't have any trouble at all now.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Angela B.
on 8/1/14 11:38 pm

Yep! RNY in November and the gallbladder just came out in June. Mine was a sharp stabbing pain that would sometimes wake me up at 3am. I wish you the best! It is an easy recovery if you need it out :)

HW: 273 SW: 255 CW: 134.4 GW: 120       RNY 11/4/2013 

Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 8/2/14 1:57 am - Belleville, IL

Yep, me too. (Had mine removed) My "symptoms" weren't like most folks...I had a lot of nausea (no pain at all really) and a lot of, ah light colored stools (sorry).  The nausea only got worse over the year until I was nearly constantly nauseous. My Surgeon ordered a CAT scan and they found my gallbladder was actually dieing (Maybe why no pain?) the technician was shocked and could not believe I didn't have pain. I was rushed to emergency surgery 1 year post op of RNY to have my Gallbladder removed. I felt soooooo much better afterwards. The nausea, fever and fatigue was gone almost overnight. A VERY easy surgery with relatively no pain and a quick recovery time. Your mileage may vary and as I said, my symptoms were vastly different from the average bear.  Most people have pain and flares of right side pain that can travel to their flank, or even upper right back near their shoulder blade.  Good luck~ I've heard that for many peoples gallbladders make stones (even ones that pass) as the fat they are losing circulated through their blood. Your doc can order a simple scan/utrasound and see what is there. It took a year for mine to go wonky.

Warmly.

Ducky

bucalovsme
on 8/4/14 10:53 pm - PA
RNY on 03/13/13

Just had to have mine out 3 weeks ago.  I had a severe attack with intense pain...I thought I was having a heart attack, it came out of nowhere too.  After an ultrasound in the er they did surgery the next day...had to get lots of antibiotics because I had pancretitis.  All is good now and I do feel so much better!  Recovery wasn't to bad a few days and I was doing most things I could do before the surgery. 

Angela_Italiana
on 8/4/14 11:30 pm - CA
RNY on 03/04/13

Thanks to all for the responses. I am leaving on vacation in a week, but I have a scan scheduled for the week I return home. Here's hoping all is OK :)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 516 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 397 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 250 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics