RNY Approved by Insurance in One Day!

anamarie
on 8/1/14 6:06 am

I am so excited!  I was approved by insurance in one day!  Just scheduled my surgery for August 20th.  Any tips would be sincerely appreciated.

NinaCanDOit
on 8/1/14 6:19 am
RNY on 06/27/14

Congratulations!  Same thing happened to me and I was ecstatic because I was so ready.  

I read a lot of stuff online, went back and searched through old posts on here and got a few books from amazon to prepare.  If there is one thing I didn't do it was prepare for the liquid phase - I should have stocked up on chicken/beef broth, sf popcicles, and sf jello and I didn't.  I wasn't comfortable going to the store for about a week and half, so I had to count on my loved ones to help me out (and I'm really particular, so I love them bunches for helping me out!).

HW - 392 * CW - 200 * * * Lost - 192, To Goal - 40

"almost there,...keep going,...stay focused,...eyes on the prize" - the guy at my gym

sor09
on 8/1/14 10:02 am

Great advice. You cannot be too prepared for this since it is for the rest of your life. More information make you the more prepared to deal with life when food is removed from the equation.

ANTI0NETTE
on 8/1/14 10:48 am

Hello I was approved today. The insurance company called me today. My doc team was preparing my stuff for submission Wednesday evening.  I got the call today.  Surgury date 9/3 rny! Congrats on ur journey and news

cspotrun
on 8/1/14 11:41 am
RNY on 07/01/14

I agree with the response about liquids, however for me after I drank/ate something once, I couldn't stomach it again for a long time.  So a wide variety is good, but not too much of any one thing.  My poor hubby got me so much jello, and made it all for me, and i took 1 bite and was done.  Forever LOL.

Karen   

jfarside
on 8/3/14 5:27 am
RNY on 09/02/14

Congratulations!  isn't it great to know so fast? I called my insurance and they said I didn't need any approval so I called the Dr and got right in. I think if I would have had to wait or had to go through the physician watched diets I might not have done it but with the answer so fast I like it I count each appointment as a. Stepping stone and putting me that much closer to my surgery.  I agree stock up on your list foods before hand make sure your house is set up they way you want it any big things are done before hand or have someone in place to do it and variety is the key! Save receipts incase you want to return something you didn't like or use and don't go crazy buying tons because you won't be eating tons I went through my 7 week plan and figured out how much of each I would need for each week and just bought what I needed like protean shakes I'm only allowed for 2 weeks post op and it even says on the paper don't buy excess. I wish you the best! And I'm excited for you :)

Surgery 9/02/14 HW 360

Jocelyn F.
on 8/3/14 9:02 am - VA
RNY on 07/28/14

Congrats!!! 

The only advice I can give is be ready for the anathesia to do a number on you! I didn't really think about it cause I'd been under once before (for a tonsilectomy, a much shorter procedure!) and having it be difficult to do deep breaths and feeling so off was hard. It was actually the hardest thing I've dealt with so far. It wore off after a couple of days and I feel 100% better since then. It affects people different ways though, hopefully you will be one of the people that just shake it off =)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 309 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 371 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 464 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 379 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 309 views