17 months out... Possible ulcer/adhesions

mamabug70
on 8/3/14 11:56 am - Kansas City, MO
RNY on 03/25/13

Hi... I'm having a scope on August 19 to try to figure out what's going on with my stomach. I used to be able to eat pretty much anything, but now any time I eat solid food it feels like it's backing up and giving me reflux. I have not been eating much and have been trying to eat mostly mushy foods.  I'm also having pain off and on right around my belly button.  I had to have emergency surgery in April because of adhesions and my surgeon thinks this could be a marginal ulcer or adhesions.  All labs and CT scan were normal. I'm wondering if this could be a stricture? I've done well on my weight loss... Currently at 163 down from 308... Lost 145 pounds. More than I thought I would. I set my goal at 160 never thinking I could actually reach it!! I ate like 2 hours ago and am still having a gurgling like the food is trying to come back up.. I'm just hoping I can make it to the scope on the 19th... Anyone with similar symptoms? Any input would be great!

Thanks!

Amy

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/3/14 1:40 pm, edited 8/3/14 1:46 pm

I am so sorry you are dealing with that . I had a few issues with pain like that..(3 hernia surgeries) so I can understand how hard it can be.  I relied on mushy semi liquid foods - sliders. Lots of protein shakes, egg drop soups, yogurt with proteins,  cottage cheese, cheese sticks, blended soups, etc.  Unfortunately even though I was getting food - I was hungry most of the time...(sliders), but eating more dense proteins caused too much pain.  Nuts and avocado worked well for me... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 477 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 441 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 441 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 383 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 106 views
Forum Search Error & 404