I think I have an infection :(

RRach
on 8/3/14 5:38 am

Pus has been leaking out at the area my jp drain is coming from. I thought it was normal bc the dr never told me to watch out for anything. Today has been the worst day of all with it. I go tomorrow to see the surgeon and she will make the decision on whether to remove the drain or not. I pray she does. 

What do you think? Any suggestions on what I can do till tomorrow?

"Never Give Up: There is no such thing as an ending. Just a new beginning.

molly3613
on 8/3/14 5:50 am - TX
RNY on 01/24/13

Keep it clean.  I had a drain for 10 days after surgery and nothing like this happened.  Are you running any fever.  Does it hurt or is it red and inflammed around the drain?  So glad you are going in tomorrow.  All I know to do is keep it as clean as possible and have it looked at.  I was so glad to,get mine out!  

RRach
on 8/3/14 6:12 am

It hurts a lot. I have been keeping it cleaned daily. It is inflamed. Not sure on the fever my thermometer is broken. I feel lightheaded as if I have one but don't really know for certain.

"Never Give Up: There is no such thing as an ending. Just a new beginning.

Jocelyn F.
on 8/3/14 8:58 am - VA
RNY on 07/28/14

Is there a lot, is it oozing out of your dressings, or is your drain relatively uncovered? If it's just a little that may be normal, I imagine that the skin is trying to heal up and this bit of plastic there is causing a standoff.

I'm a week post-op tomorrow and I can't even see the entry of the drain, so if there's a little pus I wouldn't know it. I did have to retape it a bit though because it started to sag on the third day, which was uncomfortable. If you're in a lot of pain contact your doctor. I hope you feel better soon *hugs*

MichellesJourney
on 8/3/14 9:07 am
RNY on 04/09/14

I hear a lot of people get drains.  I did not have a drain.  How come some people get them and others don't .? What are they for?

Brimiller808
on 8/4/14 11:27 am - Austin, TX
RNY on 10/29/13
On August 3, 2014 at 4:07 PM Pacific Time, MichellesJourney wrote:

I hear a lot of people get drains.  I did not have a drain.  How come some people get them and others don't .? What are they for?

Didn't have drains either. Wondering the same thing. Hope you feel better soon!

The Salty Hag
on 8/3/14 8:55 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

I'm glad you are going to see your surgeon today. Hope all goes well for you! 

My drain got inflamed and was not looking great, so it came out two days early. Such sweet relief to have it out. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 365 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 300 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?