What's on the menu today, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 8/3/14 10:19 pm, edited 8/3/14 10:36 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning friends! The clouds are burning off here and it looks like it's going to be lovely. I'm especially excited because I'm wearing a super cute shirt that I bought yesterday on my shopping trip with Emily, aka DCGirl!

(just in case, here's a link to the pic)

Yesterday, we met up in Wilmington (random) and had delicious protein-packed brunch and then shopped at Ross. For those of you who don't have a Ross or haven't been - it's an awesome place while losing weight - everything so pretty cheap!

Hope everyone is feeling good today - tell me, what's your menu?

Time since surgery: 20 weeks

B: Loaded Greek Yogurt

S: Chike high protein coffee, 1/2 bag of Skinny Pop (thanks Em!)

L: a new recipe from my 5-years post-RNY friend, Buffalo Chicken Salad, 1oz Fiber Gourmet wheat crackers

S before workout: string cheese and almonds

D: Zucchini "spaghetti" with turkey meatballs

S: Cool Whip FroYo, a popsicle sometime I'm sure

TOTALS: Calories 847, Protein 80, Carbs 63, Fat 40

V: started

W: waiting post breakfast

E: headed to Aqua Job tonight, I didn't get to any water aerobics last week, I was very sad!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

(deactivated member)
on 8/3/14 10:52 pm

Good morning that is great you guys met each other. I do love Ross Tjmaxx for shopping for cheaper clothes. Chinese food I need to stay away from it. I swelled up like a tick. Stayed up way too late watching Housewives of Beverly Hills I star****ching and can't stop.I ate a yogurt when I was up late.But I had planned it. 

B:Protein coffee

S:Quest bar on the run 

L:Eggs

D:Steack with zucchini.

S:Yogurt

Vitamins are almost in for the morning working on the water.

karenp8
on 8/3/14 10:59 pm - Brighton, IL

Nothing wrong with a snack as long as you plan for it 3BH.

(deactivated member)
on 8/3/14 11:34 pm

What scares me is the staying up late and snacking that was one of the habits that got me to over 300 pounds. I do try to allow myself a snack at night so I don't feel bad about it.

Planning is the best thing for me.I love myfitnesspal.

karenp8
on 8/3/14 11:44 pm - Brighton, IL

I'm not very tech savvy so I record my food and exercise using paper and pen. I enjoy looking back at my old journals too to see how far I have come. I'm almost two years out and still record everything and measure my food when I am at home. It helps to keep me on track.

AnnyBananny
on 8/3/14 11:59 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Yes! The planning is the key part to a snack, I think 3B! My plan wants me to eat just 3 meals a day and no snacks - but they also say I should eat every 4 hours and I should get 1000 calories and my meals should still be 1/2 cup. Geez! I'm awake from 6 or 7am to like 11pm, I need to add some snacks! But again - always planned and (usually) protein and carbs.

MFP is the best thing ever!

Louise1974
on 8/4/14 12:56 am

Since I am unwilling to give up me tv habit I have been taking my one planned snack upstairs and watching tv in bed.  I am much less likely to go back for more snacks if I am upstairs.  I am slightly embarrassed about my tv habit but... not enough to stop!!

Dodgergirl27
on 8/4/14 3:54 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Hey 3B, that's so funny, I was just having that though about Chinese food.  I had it last night (spent all night at the emergency room with my grandma, then the whole family went back to my parents house, and ate leftover chinese).  I only ate pieces of meat (not breaded) but woke up SUPER bloated this morning. Why did I never notice that pre-op?  The scale wasn't kind either.  Needless to say, no more chinese food for me any time soon :)

karenp8
on 8/3/14 10:56 pm - Brighton, IL

I am so jealous Anny! I wish I could actually get to meet some of my OH peeps in real life. But I am here in the middle of nowhere by myself. Maybe when my husband retires I will make him come with me to an OH convention. I would love to meet the people behind the posts. I already finished my morning walk with Lily and we went 3.74 miles today. When I finish my coffee I will do 20 minutes of level 2 on the 30 day shred. On track with fluids and vitamins so far. Here's my food for today: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L 1/2 c turkey sausage and 1/2 c Greek yogurt S whole grain crackers with peanut butter D chicken kebobs,fresh green beans and a couple bites of veggie paella S Greek yogurt with nuts. Have a great Monday everyone!

AnnyBananny
on 8/4/14 12:00 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Karen, it was VERY fun to meet Emily! I'm sorry you're not in an area with many folks. But yes, you should totally start planning for a trip to the OH conference or somewhere else where you could meet up with OH folks - it was a blast.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 530 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 501 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 386 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 195 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 328 views