After Eating Nausea/Stomach Pain

Angela_Italiana
on 8/6/14 3:25 am - CA
RNY on 03/04/13

For the last four days I have been having some icky (for lack of a better word) feelings in my stomach after eating. It mildly feels like menstrual cramps (though it's not) and it also feels like the feeling you have when you have diahrrea (sorry for the TMI), but neither are actually the case. I don't need to puke or use the bathroom, but I'm incredibly uncomfortable to the point where I've been choosing to lay down until the symptoms go away. About an hour or so. Then I'm fine until after I eat again.

Any thoughts as to what this could be? I'm aware it could just be a stomach bug and totally unrelated to surgery, but one can never be to sure. Thanks all :)

poet_kelly
on 8/6/14 3:37 am - OH

Does it happen every time you eat?  Are you eating different foods than you used to eat?

If it only happens when you eat and you don't actually have diarrhea and aren't throwing up, my guess would be not a stomach virus.  I'd probably call my doctor if it continues for a few more days.  Until then, I'd try eating really lightly, like protein shakes, yogurt, etc and eating very small meals and see if that helps.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Angela_Italiana
on 8/6/14 3:48 am - CA
RNY on 03/04/13

The only time it hasn't happened was this morning after some cottage cheese. I haven't eaten anything new in the last few days and the foods I have eaten have all been cooked by me. So not much variation. Thank you for the advice, I think a doctors visit is probably in order if it persists.

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/6/14 6:05 am

The only thing I can think of is liver - GB issue. Even if you don't have GB - you can develop stones in the bile duct.  Also Kidney stones - may show like that.. 

It happens to me if I eat food that I am allergic to or food with too much fat.. 

I was going to ask you after seeing some of your posts:  why do you feel you need so many gr of proteins? proteins are harder on our system - and since you mentioned before you had kidney stones - I was wondering if that is not happening again.. (my friend with kidney stones had symptoms as you describe) .Too many proteins can be really hard on our system.    If I need to make sure i get enough calories since I need low carb - I add fat... good natural fat- coconut, MCT, bacon fat, nuts, avocado, etc.. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Angela_Italiana
on 8/6/14 6:30 am - CA
RNY on 03/04/13

Thanks for your advice :) I was thinking it could be Gall Bladder, but not sure. I have a scan scheduled for it. I definitely know this is not kidney stones, completely different feelings and symptoms. After numerous bouts with those in the first year I've learned the warning signs pretty well.

I don't feel that I have to have that much protein, it's just how much it equals at the end of the day. My meals are exceptionally well balanced, and all of my carbs come from fruit, vegetables, some dairy and whole grains. My fats come from olive oil, coconut oil, and grape-seed oil. Nothing processed. 

I could probably cut back on the protein shakes, but I enjoy them and they are convenient for me, especially since I need to eat 5 times a day. 

If my surgeon or GP suggest a cutback then I'll do so, but they have given me the green light thus far. I'll bring that up to them though as you could be right.

Thank you again! :)

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/6/14 1:08 pm

I noticed you use 2 scoops of proteins in one shake - how about using maybe 1.5 and adding some good fats (google MCT oil) 10 gr proterins = 40 cal, 40 cal = 4.5 gr of fat (1 cup unsweet coconut milk, or small tsp of MCT) 

I deal with severe RH - too many proteins at one time can turn into blood sugars and I would crash - but adding fat allows my body to slowly process the proteins.  Fat helps my RH... Just so you know. ...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

dvolumptious1
on 8/6/14 9:19 am

Omg...same problem for me except...my gallbladder was removed 4 years ago. I hope this is just gas but omg...the stomach pain and weird back pain is like my kidneys or something. 

Left the band and rocking with RNY.
They say I have an eating disorder but I say, I have my eating in order.         

dvolumptious1
on 9/6/14 7:55 pm

Turns out the endoscopy showed I have 3 ulcers. Smh

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 530 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 462 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 343 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 23 replies · 136 views