Visit doc for 1 week follow up tomorrow

jillbeme
on 8/6/14 2:30 pm
Revision on 07/29/14

Tomorrow will be nine days since my surgery.  I see the doc tomorrow.  I am hoping two things 1. Take this drain out.  2. Move me to puréed .    But then I worry that when I eat I will gain.   I have lost 15 lbs since surgery.  I had no pre-op diet.

Jill     

selhard
on 8/6/14 2:50 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

No worries about gaining weight--it is rather effortless those first few months.  Having said that, however, your first few months is crucial to learn, practice, and love mindful eating.  I prefer quality, healthy food now without having to force myself to think that way (with temptations knocking at the door every now and then.)  

HLen
on 8/6/14 3:29 pm
RNY on 07/11/14

I am 3.5 weeks. Luckily my drain came out after 2 days before I left the hospital.  Those drains coming out are no fun, if no one has warned you.. Atleast for me, my drain wasn't. :-(

I am on puréed foods currently until at least the 15th. That's my next appointment.

Weight is just dropping, just follow what is recommended for serving sizes and foods.  You may not know you are full right away.  I am just starting to finally be able to tell sometimes I don't feel it and I get a nice pain to remind me.  

I recommend jus****ch the clock, I mark down what time I started eating and try to time bites so I am not eating too fast or for too long.  I then know the next time I should eat because I tracked it, and I'm not hungry.

Good luck tomorrow!  

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

kheinz
on 8/6/14 10:30 pm
RNY on 07/23/14 with

What are you putting out from you drain?  I highly doubt they will leave it in.  I did not think it hurt getting it taken out, just felt so weird!  

Darlin you won't gain at this stage.  Puréed will taste so god.  Just take your time and savor it! 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views