VFT

jefferytmc
on 8/7/14 6:30 am

Virgin Fat Territory

3.5 yrs ago, I won an opportunity to participate in a WL competition that a local radio station was doing.  They were using a medically supervised diet that was super low calorie (protein drinks and 1 high protein, no carb meal a day).  There were 3 guys per team and our team won (we were very competitive).  During the 5 weeks of the contest, I lost 60 lbs.  Part of the prize was we were able to continue going to that WL doctor and getting the shakes for free till we hit goal.

I followed their program for 6 months and had lost 90 lbs.  I got to 339.  Near the end I had wrecked my motorcycle and broken my arm, but I kept doing the program and did fairly well.  Till I did not.  Clearly I had no food restrictions, I had not had my shake and got very hungry and made a choice to eat a double quarter pounder with cheese and fries and did not get sick.  That started me on a path to regain.

Over the next several months I gained all I had lost and another 10 lbs to boot.

Before that time, I do not even remember being below 340 lbs.  Probably more than 20 yrs ago shortly after I got married.

Well as of Monday, I was 334.  So 9 lbs less than 3 yrs ago.

Every weight from here on out is VFT for me.  When I reach my ultimate goal (a number that puts me just below a 30 BMI), I will weigh less than I did when I was a sophomore in HS.  I still have over 115 lbs to lose, but I feel so good.

I should have had RNY years ago.  Glad I did not wait any longer.

HW: 440.5  RNY 2/18 (Feb - 27, Mar -21, Apr -11, May -15.5, Jun - 12, Jul -14.5, Aug -9, Sept -11, Oct 6.2)

life_mirrors_art
on 8/7/14 6:40 am - Canada

Congratulations - you have reached a milestone that marks the opening of a whole new phase of your life!

Jenn S.
on 8/7/14 1:05 pm - Boise, ID
RNY on 06/16/14

Congratulations to you! Only good things from here on out! 

karenp8
on 8/7/14 1:12 pm - Brighton, IL

Congratulations on your new chance at life. It just keeps getting better and better!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 537 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 275 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics