Three days post OP

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/12/14 9:34 am - OH

Just for future reference, many people have a lot of trouble with eggs post op, so your first encounter with them might not be a friendly one, no matter how far out you are.  

That was my first soft food (and it was on Day Three under my surgeon's post-op eating plan which put people back on soft foods very quickly, and I had no trouble at all.  I ate scrambled eggs almost every day for several weeks, but some people find they have trouble with them even when they are much farther out.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Jill724
on 8/8/14 12:17 pm
RNY on 07/24/14

The first week for me was horrible... my taste buds were all messed up and everything tasted awful. I am 2 weeks out now and things are much better, yogart is my BFF! Hang in there, I promise the next few days will be better!!

GodsChildII
on 8/8/14 12:43 pm - Seattle , WA
RNY on 08/05/14

Thanks so much for the encouragement! If I can just get past this first week, I am hoping that week two will be better. So far nothing I have eaten has tasted remotely good! How can a Popsicle taste bad?

rocky513
on 8/8/14 12:38 pm - WI

Everything tastes bad after surgery.  I think part of it is the anesthesia they use.  You should not be eating off plan.  Stick with your liquids.  You are healing and you don't want to stress your new pouch.  If you would try to eat a scrambled egg or mashed potatoes I know that you would be disappointed... because EVERYTHING tastes bad early out.  Be patient... you will be able to eat soon.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

GodsChildII
on 8/8/14 12:45 pm - Seattle , WA
RNY on 08/05/14

Thanks rocky513! I am sure that you are correct and if I had eaten that scrambled egg, it would have tasted awful. One mor day behind me, with sticking to the plan.

Sherrie P.
on 8/8/14 12:39 pm
RNY on 02/06/13

I am sure your doc would tell you no... if he is the one that put you on liquids :-)  I promise you can do it. I had to do liquids for 3 weeks and it was awful -- but I didn't have any issues!!

My friend went and bought me wonton soup - gave hubby the wontons. It was awesome!! Really helped get me through.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

GodsChildII
on 8/8/14 12:49 pm - Seattle , WA
RNY on 08/05/14

Sherrie P, my cousin who had the surgery three years ago, brought me the broth from won ton soup ( the won tons were already removed by the time the broth made it to me :) has been the one and only thing that does not taste bad! I am surviving on won ton soup broth!

Bagspacked
on 8/9/14 3:14 am

Hang in there. This time will pass. In the grand scheme of everything, you need to make it through this.

dragonlove
on 8/9/14 12:44 pm
RNY on 11/20/13

Hang in there!  Every surgeon has a different eating plan.  Please stick in there and hang on until you can talk to him on Monday!  I imagine it is very difficult, but he has a reason for his plan.  Hopefully he will take pity on you Monday!  How long did he tell you to stay on liquids?

Pam (RNY: 11/20/2013)

GodsChildII
on 8/12/14 4:16 am - Seattle , WA
RNY on 08/05/14

One week post OP was stage 1: liquid diet

week one  and two post OP is stage 2: liquids and puréed solids

week four and five stage 3: liquids, puréed solids and very soft solids

week six (finial stage) stage 4: diet for life

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?