What's on your menu today, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 8/10/14 10:08 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning all, hope everyone had a good weekend! I had a lovely (long) weekend filled with friends and family. I had a few blips keeping on plan, so I know I have a few things to work on. I spent time at a pleasure garden (walked about 4.5 miles there), went to a 1 year old's birthday, went to a minor league ball game, stayed at my parents', walked a Rails to Trails trail, had brunch with a long lost friend, AND meet the newborn twins of another dear friends. Yeesh!

The birthday party is where I "messed up." There were were sweets galore and I indulged in a few - a bite of my niece's cupcake, I would have been ok with - but then I also eat several malted milk balls - which again, I would have been ok with if I had planned and done it mindfully, but no, I just grabbed one and popped it in my mouth without thinking, then a little while later, another, and another. I've also found that when I'm doing something like counting out my almonds for my snack, I'll pop one into my mouth before I seal up the bag. Now, I know in the grand scheme of things, 1 almond is not much, but it's this habit of just popping something into my mouth that is scary. I'm going to work on being more mindful. 

Time since surgery: 21 weeks

B: Loaded Greek Yogurt

S: Chike and almonds

L: Wonton Lasagna

S: almonds (again) and string cheese

D: Quest bar (while sitting in a meeting)

S: Cool Whip FroYo!

TOTALS: Calories 839, Protein 84, Carbs 74, Fat 34

V/W: Started

E: not sure if I'll get to the gym....

Last Tuesday I hit Century Club, then promptly was up 1.5 pounds, which I know is well within normal fluctuations of weight that many things could be playing a part in, but this morning I'm finally DOWN again and I'm so happy! Keep moving forward - next stop - just plan "overweight!"

What are you eating today? I'm trying to eat through my fridge and freezer this week before I head out on vacation next. 

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Dcgirl
on 8/10/14 11:32 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Good morning, Anny!  Yep, I had some mindless eating on Saturday as well - went to a small and impromptu pool party with friends and there were veggies and fruit and I brought chicken sausages so I was set up for success.  But the chips and guacamole sang a siren song for me and I ate WAYYYY too many chips.  It was scary that they didn't fill me up in the least.  For the first time in eight months my carbs were higher than my protein - as far as I can judge, my protein was 65 g and carbs 100!!!!  Jesus.  So I am cutting out my 100 calorie popcorn snack bags and getting back to basics for a while. I had a headache most of the day yesterday and I swear it's because of the carbs.  

Time Since Surgery: 1 week short of 8 months

B: Chike protein iced coffee (I bought Chike mocha which is super disappointing but I am using one scoop of regular and one of mocha just to use it up)

L: 3 oz of Trader Joe's rosemary and balsamic chicken breast on top of the Trader Joe's cruciferous crunch greens mix with 1 oz of Trader Joe's herbed goat cheese and 2 tbsp of Trader Joe's light champagne vinaigrette (I love me some TJs!)

S: Peach Light n Fit greek yogurt with 1 tbsp chia seeds, 1 tbsp sliced almonds.  I was not into greek yogurt for about seven months but I am liking this now and it helps my protein numbers

D: Shrimp and crab and cauliflower au gratin (work dinner at a restaurant and I have scoured the menu)

E: Just did 45 minutes on the Cybex arc trainer at the gym.  I am a sweaty ********ol

Totals should be about 950 calories, 92 g protein, 36 g of carbs.  I feel good about that.  I, like you, hit Onederland and then gained a pound. I am back to 198.  Gotta keep that number going down...and I am also traveling next week so I will be struggling to stay on plan and get exercise in! A fun NSV - I broke down and bought a plane ticket for my trip next week since I am just not in the mood to drive 9 hours to Detroit and I had to book on a small plane (one seat on one side, two on the other) and I know the seat is going to feel so comfy and roomy!!!!!!!!  Hope everyone has a great day, Em

Dcgirl
on 8/10/14 11:34 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

This is a test post to see if my ticker updated...adjusted my goal to 160 instead of 170 (which I had just arbitrarily picked before surgery thinking it would be impossible to achieve)...

AngryViking
on 8/11/14 12:28 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Em, that chicken sounds delish.  I can't have any chicken until the 2nd week in September.    I miss it so. 

Tell me about chia seeds.  Do they have a strong flavor?  I've been thinking about how to incorporate them down the line, but I can't seem to get past the "look" of them. 

Dcgirl
on 8/11/14 1:12 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I don't know if Chia seeds are a fad, but they have protein and they make my yogurt feel more "substantial".  They have zero taste whatsoever that I can discern!  Anny turned me on to them.  I bought a bag at Trader Joe's and I put a tbsp in each yogurt.  Give 'em a go!

AnnyBananny
on 8/11/14 2:30 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Chia seeds, totally don't taste like anything at all. DodgerGirl turned ME on to them (have I mentioned how much I love our group?!). They add nice fiber and protein and definitely have helped Greek Yogurt "stay with me" longer. Highly recommend. 

AnnyBananny
on 8/11/14 2:29 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Yeah, it's totally a little scary when I see an hold habit creep in a little. It makes me ever so grateful to this group of supporters!

Your menu looks amazing that - I continue to wish I could make myself like seafood! 

karenp8
on 8/11/14 12:08 am - Brighton, IL

Way to go Em on lowering your goal weight. And I am sure that you will see that number. I thought it was so hard to pick a goal because I couldn't even remember being the 160 that was my original goal. But then I blew past that goal in nothing flat. You just never know where you body will want to be. I had a pretty good weekend. Spent some time with my in-laws who are wonderful people by the way so it was fun. I get along better with my mother in law than I did with my mom when she was alive. Even when we had small children and they lived less than a block away she was always there to help if needed but never told us what to do or intruded. Saturday evening we went and played trivia with some friends at a fundraiser for Alzheimer's disease. It was fun! Lily and I have our walk in already--3.76 miles today. When I finish my coffee I will do 20 minutes on the bike. On track with vitamins and fluids so far. Weight today is 119.8. My hubby is such a sweetie! When we went to trivia he got all sorts of fruit and cheese for snacking instead of the bad carby junk that most people were eating so I was able to stay on plan perfectly. Here's my food for today: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz steamed cod and 1/2 c green beans S apple with peanut butter D 31/2 oz ground beef with cheese and 1/2 c green beans S Greek yogurt with nuts. Hope everyone has a good Monday!

AnnyBananny
on 8/11/14 2:30 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Looks like another good day, Karen! Glad you had a good weekend - it's so nice that you have a good relationship with your inlaws!

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/14 12:11 am

Good morning.It is sunny and beautiful.This weekend was great I went out on our small skiff which is a really small boat but a lot of fun.I did eat two times out on Saturday.We went to the places by boat.

Yesterday we left the house at 10 and went sailing all day.It was one of the best days I have had in a while. No stress.There were no kids with us either. I did get a little sun burn but not bad. I stayed on plan most of the weekend. 

I wore a bathing suit top all day and I didn't cover myself up with a t-shirt. I didn't care.

Chips and guac I would have lost it to Em. Anny I have noticed that I would pop things in my mouth when I am fixing food.I never realized I did it. I am aware now.I make myself something to drink when I cook now.

I think seeing our wonderful habits we have obtained over the years is part of the battle. 

B:Protein coffee

S:Protein bar

L:Salad with steak

D:Filet mignon/small sweet potatoe and broccli

S:Yogurt if I am hungry

Vitamins are in for the morning water is on it's way down. I am going to walk tonight after dinner.Have a wonderful day.I saw a couple of leaves that have changed color already. I don't want summer to end.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 522 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 406 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 262 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics