dietary restrictions questions.

gigglestyx
on 8/10/14 4:50 am
RNY on 08/25/14

My surgery is on August 25th, it is coming in close and honestly I am getting nnervous. I just want to ask a few questions like what type of multivitamin are people taking and what protien drinks do you like and is coffee allowed to happen after surgery? 

Jenn S.
on 8/10/14 4:59 am - Boise, ID
RNY on 06/16/14

Hang in there, I think we all got nervous as it got closer.  I take Opurity chewables for my multivitamin.  Do you have an appointment with your nutritionist before your surgery?  I met with my nutritionist and she went over the different chewable multi's that she and my doctor recommended I choose from as well as the different phases of my meal plan after surgery.  As far as coffee, my doctor doesn't allow caffeine at all. So only decaf for me.  All surgeons are different though, I know there are some on here who have been allowed coffee after surgery. 

Good luck to you!

Braceface
on 8/10/14 5:56 am
RNY on 04/24/14 with

I have used opurity chewable vitamins and calcium along with their protein powders which mix easily and taste goodish. I dont have restrictions on coffee or tea but you do need to drink a lot of water to feel good post surgery. Good Luck

poet_kelly
on 8/10/14 8:42 am - OH

I take a generic that is equivalent to Centrum.

My favorite protein drink is Syntrax Nectar cappuccino.  I also like Syntrax Nectar vanilla bean torte, Chike iced coffee, Chike vanilla, Chike banana, Celebrate vanilla cake batter ENS, Oh Yeah Cookies n Cream, Oh Yeah banana, and several others.  You just have to try a bunch to see what you like.

Coffee is "allowed" to happen, yes.  Some surgeons recommend decaf.  Others say caffeine is OK. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 418 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 368 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 421 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 8 replies · 64 views
Recent Topics