What's on your menu today, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 8/11/14 10:31 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning all - it's that time - share your menu! This week my goal is to eat out of my freezer for 1 or 2 meals each day. I have so many little hockey pucks of individual portions - I want to eat through some so I can try some more new recipes and have somewhere for them to go!

Today I have a new staff member starting, so I'll spend much of the day training her. Then this evening I'm picking up my 3 year old niece, The Goose, from my sister's and we're having a sleepover at my house! We're going to go get FroYo across the street, do some crafting, and maybe even watch a movie. Then tomorrow morning we're going to a play. There's a local youth drama camp (if you've read Tina Fay's Bossy Pants, it's the one she talks about) that does children's productions so we're seeing Alice in Wonderland, Jr. The Goose is extremely excited and so am I. 

However, all this does mean that I'm not going to the gym again today - eeek! The rest of the week I'll be working hard!

Time since surgery: 22 weeks today

B: Loaded Greek Yogurt

S: Chike and .5oz mini turkey pepperoni nuked for 30 seconds to be crispy!

L: Crockpot turkey sloppy joes with some Fiber Gourmet Nacho Thinables

S: Babybel Light and almonds

D: Omelet with turkey sausage crumbles and blue cheese

S: FroYo - planning on 2oz with a sprinkle of graham cracker crumbs and squirt of SF caramel

TOTALS: Calories 845, Protein 86, Carbs 74, Fat 32

V/W: started

E: ?

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

karenp8
on 8/11/14 11:05 pm - Brighton, IL

Sounds like you have a fun day planned Anny! I have housework on my plate and some work in the garden. Then this evening I am helping pass out backpacks and school supplies to some area families who need a bit of a helping hand. Lily and I got our walk in and went 3.7 miles today. After I finish my coffee I am going to try to spend some time with strength training. Post op 23.5 months and weight at 120.2 pounds. On track with vitamins and fluids. Yummy cup of cinnamon pecan coffee right now! Here's my eats:B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz poached cod with 1/2 c broccoli with cheese(tired of these left overs--think I will refreeze the rest of the fish for later S 1/2 c blueberries and some cheese cubes D 31/2 oz rib eye and 1/2 c green beans S Greek yogurt with nuts. Have a great Tuesday everyone!

Finding_Feather
on 8/12/14 12:59 am

Karen, what a wonderful evening to spend helping those in need :)

AnnyBananny
on 8/12/14 1:56 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Definitely, I'm so excited for my sleepover with the Goose. She's been asking to have a sleepover with me since around the time of my surgery (she knew Grammy was staying with me so I think that's what got the idea in her mind) and this is the first we've been able to schedule it!

I hope giving out backpacks is a good experience tonight, I'm sure it will be.

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

karenp8
on 8/12/14 2:12 am - Brighton, IL

Yes I don't work outside the home so spend lots of time as the director of our local food pantry. We are a small town but help 25 to 30 families a month with food and personal care items. It really helps me feel blessed every day. We take so much for granted every day!

Dcgirl
on 8/12/14 3:41 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

That's so amazing, Karen.  How great that you rescue dogs and help families in need.  I saw a thread on OH once asking what people did for a living and it was SHOCKING how many people were in "giving" professions (teachers, nurses, social workers, etc.).  Anny, might be a good post topic one day  :)

marlylovelylaady
on 8/12/14 8:25 pm

Hi there friend I had RNY done on 5/15/2007 weight was 297! I am 7 years post op. Had heart attack on 7/31/2014. Weight now is 197. So scared I had gotten to 160. Any help on what to do? Please Marly

(deactivated member)
on 8/12/14 12:26 am

Good Morning

Protein coffee

B:Egg white with turkey sausage

S:cheese stick

L:Taco salad with refried beans and filet mignon

D:Grilled Tuna steak and salad

S:maybe if I want one.

AnnyBananny
on 8/12/14 1:57 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14