Ice cream is everywhere and stalking me.

SkinnyScientist
on 8/12/14 4:04 am

HI Gang,

I am loving life and the ralph lauren I can now wear.

I dont dump much..just surgary foods like ice cream. I loved ice cream.   I tried it twice after surgery and threw up both times. 

Well, ice cream will always be sort of like that "bad boyfriend you loved, dumped, but still has a hold on you."  I try to avoid ice cream and any place where it is going to be.  

This works. But darn it. There were TWO icecream socials at work. ONe yesterday and one today.  I feel like ice cream is stalking me!

LOL.

I remember how it tasted. I remember what it did to my hips and how it made me sick. I know ice cream is bad. But just knowing that it is around ..is making me hyperviligant. I want to run to the gym and hide there the rest of the day (where I know ice cream WONT be).

I know I am strong.  I know that I am doing well on my journey (per my surgeon). However, I hate this weakness/hold ice cream had on me. I worry about falling back into old patterns.

Here is to avoidance and tae bo at 5 pm.

Until then- I must think about my Ralph Lauren dresses and not ice cream.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

aweis
on 8/12/14 4:10 am

Stand your ground ! you got this..   Amy

SkinnyScientist
on 8/12/14 4:16 am

Thanks amy! I am holding the line. Only 45 minutes and ice cream will be out of here!

Kathyjs
on 8/12/14 4:17 am

I too miss ice cream. I got so sick from it I don't touch it, but I do miss it, actually the only thing I miss

SkinnyScientist
on 8/12/14 4:19 am

Yep. Ice cream is totally toxic to my new digestive system!!!

Kathyjs
on 8/12/14 5:05 am

Actually I am glad it makes me sick 

GodsChildII
on 8/12/14 4:33 am - Seattle , WA
RNY on 08/05/14

Just hop online and look at Ralph Lauren's new fall line (lol) you got this, you got this! I can already visualize you strutting through the office in your new Ralph Lauren dress and heels ( all the better for not having had that ice cream) stick to your guns!

karenp8
on 8/12/14 4:34 am - Brighton, IL

I'm that way with candy bars especially Paydays. Luckily they would make me really really sick!

qnmimi
on 8/12/14 5:01 am - Cottage Grove, MN

I get those cravings on occasion too, and going to the Dairy Queen just is NOT an option (I really get pretty sick too)  I found So Delicious brand no sugar added coconut mil**** cream is pretty well tolerated.  I always laugh because it's usually no good for the next time I want it because of the long times between cravings.  If desperate, I will freeze a container of yogurt...will do in a pinch.

gigglestyx
on 8/12/14 5:01 am
RNY on 08/25/14

I know that Its not the same but is there anyway you could freeze a protien shake or a greek yogurt? 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics