Mad at my self for letting my self go.

DDchilds
on 8/12/14 12:17 pm

Ok we'll I had gastric bypass in 2007 I was doing great I got down to 145 and loved it, then I got a divorce and lost a baby at 22 weeks then had a baby one year latter, I am stuck and depressed at 179. I need help !!

Sherrie P.
on 8/12/14 12:38 pm
RNY on 02/06/13

Welcome back!

You are not too far gone! You gained weight...but it is not insurmountable.

Get back to basics and take it one pound at a time.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Karen M.
on 8/12/14 1:58 pm - Mississauga, Canada

First, welcome back. You've taken a great first step by reaching out for help. Good for you.

You've had a great deal of stress in your life the past couple of years. Now it is time to be kind to yourself and get back on track. 179 is not an insurmountable weight - you can do this. The first step I would take would be to track my eating - myfitnesspal.com is a great tool to use. Count every bit of food that you put in your mouth - you may be surprised at just how much you are eating. Then its time to get back to basics - high protein, low carb, low sugar. Plan your daily menu in advance, prepare food ahead of time to avoid grazing and picking, and follow your plan. I find it really helpful to post on a What are you eating today thread each morning - it keeps me accountable, makes me plan, keeps me honest and helps me to eat mindfully.

Best wishes to you - you can do this.

Karen

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/14 1:23 am
RNY on 12/16/13

It's great you have reached out!  You know what to do and we are all here to support you!  One day at a time...

crqvingchange
on 8/13/14 1:35 am

I am so sorry that you are having this struggle, but I might add that you have been through alot lately and as you said you were depressed, perhaps you have been self medicating with food.  It might be time to seek some counselling for the depression, and I would imagine for the grieving as well.  This is a great place for support. 

BWB
on 8/13/14 1:53 am

I lost 35 lbs in 4 months on a liver reduction diet.  It is basically no bread, rice, sugar, potatoes, frid food, no drive throughs etc.  That's a rough idea and if you can't find it online, PM me and I'll get my copy out to you.  

Don't forget to get your water/liquid 64 oz in and exercise!!!  You'll start seeing results quickly.

DDchilds
on 8/13/14 11:04 pm

Thank you all so much !!

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/14 11:40 pm, edited 8/13/14 11:40 pm

I can relate totally. I had my surgery in 2005 and went from 270lbs to 125lbs. Now almost 9yrs later after a divorce, having a baby, getting remarried and battling alcoholism I was up to 203! I have made the decision to get back on track and I know you can do it too! I rededicated myself to exercise (which I literally had not done in YEARS), started watching what I was eating and for the last 11 days I haven't had any pop because even though I drink diet I know it's not good for me. I've lost 7lbs so far and I still have a long way to go (Not trying to get back to 125 I was honestly too skinny) but I'm not giving up. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like, we can do this together! Best wishes!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 453 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 45 replies · 416 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views
Forum Search Error & 404