Eating out at Three Weeks

kheinz
on 8/14/14 5:00 am
RNY on 07/23/14 with

I am wanting to spend a day out and about with my family tomorrow, but I am concerned about eating out?  Any suggestions of places and what to have?  What about Panera and their soups?

eringudge
on 8/14/14 5:39 am
RNY on 07/28/14

I am still on a very restricted diet. I wouldn't try it. 

I am two and a half weeks out and I have three and a half more weeks of restricted diet. 

You can always look up the dietary information online, but I don't think they will have anything you can eat. You can still go out with the family and just not eat anything. That's what I would do.

GodsChildII
on 8/14/14 5:47 am - Seattle , WA
RNY on 08/05/14

You should have plenty of options. Check out theworldaccordingtoeggface.com she has a section on strategies for eating out. Preplanning will be key.

good luck!

alaskasusan
on 8/14/14 6:04 am - AK
RNY on 02/11/13

I went out at 3 weeks and had a small cup of tomato soup to which I added a little bit of unflavored protein powder from Unjury.  Didn't change the taste enough to bother me and it was very enjoyable to be out again.  YMMV of course!

jefferytmc
on 8/14/14 7:01 am

My surgeon started me on purees and liquids.  I think somewhere along the 3-4 week out area, I had some soup at a restaurant and had no issues.  Just keep it basic and go slow.  Obviously, try to find a soup that is not going to be high fat, high carbs or lots of calories.

HW: 440.5  RNY 2/18 (Feb - 27, Mar -21, Apr -11, May -15.5, Jun - 12, Jul -14.5, Aug -9, Sept -11, Oct 6.2)

poet_kelly
on 8/14/14 8:11 am - OH

I don't know what your meal plan is at three weeks out.  You can look up the nutritional info for Panera online and see if any of the soups fit your plan.

I ate out at about one week post op.  It was a birthday party for a family member at a kind of fancy restaurant.  I ordered a small dish of mashed potatoes (was on my plan at one week out on pureed foods) and ate about three bites.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

65rosesmom
on 8/14/14 11:14 am

I think some of the soups are fine if it fits your plan.   I recall finding the broccoli cheese soup to be okay in small amounts for me in the early days, but I'm not sure if three weeks was when I did.    I'd be more concerned at three weeks of being out and about all day....I was so exhausted at that point.  

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

drmroth
on 8/14/14 11:17 am

I've had to eat out a lot since my surgery and I just get a small house salad. I eat some of it and give the rest to my mother. 

kheinz
on 8/14/14 1:15 pm
RNY on 07/23/14 with

Thanks for all the advice!  At three weeks out out I have been feeling fantastic!  I have been busy from 10-10 today and feel great.

i am eating mushy food.  Maybe I will just take something with me.  Though maybe some turkey and green beans at Boston market may work?  I am eating about 3 oz. a meal.  Usually I do quite well with that, but every so often I have a day when I am just really full.  Today was one of those.

canttouchus
on 8/14/14 2:49 pm
RNY on 01/07/14

Be very careful. I would suggest eating soup of some sort. Broth-based, not cream based... maybe vegetable? Don't test meats, eat around the pasta.... Good luck!

"There is strength inside of you that you have yet to discover."

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 536 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 268 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views