New to forum

fatmommy
on 8/14/14 12:25 pm

This may seem strange, but I can't seem to upload any pics. I have tried to resize them and it still says it is too large. I am trying to become active on this site. Currently, I troll. I am in the very beginning stages of the surgery. I have my first appointment on September 11th. I have to quit smoking first and my quit date is September 1st. I need a lot of prayers for that. I have to be smoke free for 3 months before surgery. The earliest I can do it is December 1st. I am going forward since I have the confidence that with the right support, I can quit. I feel that I am as prepared for this that I can be. I have researched this for 8 years and my sister had it done 7 years ago. 

jillbeme
on 8/14/14 1:06 pm
Revision on 07/29/14

Welcome.   Just take each step one at a time and you will do great!

Jill     

fatmommy
on 8/15/14 2:20 am

Thank you. I am trying.

Bagspacked
on 8/14/14 1:49 pm

My wife and I both quit smoking with nicitrol. I used the nasal spray about 20 years ago, and she used the puffers about a year ago. You can do this.

fatmommy
on 8/15/14 2:22 am

I wish I could do something like that. I can't have any nicotine in my system for 3 months. They will do a blood work up.

jfarside
on 8/14/14 9:28 pm
RNY on 09/02/14

I had to quit smoking also and my dr is really blunt and to the point he said just quit I said it might be hard as that is my one crutch and I have a lot of stressers at home and he asked what was more important the surgery or the smoking and I didn't even need to think twice. It took a bit of time but I did it cold turkey and even convinced my hubby to do it! You can do it and you will feel so much better after.

Surgery 9/02/14 HW 360

fatmommy
on 8/15/14 2:23 am

That is going to be the key to my success,  getting my husband to quit with me. 

nurserobin
on 8/15/14 4:51 am

I smoked my last cigarette Nov 3, 2013 thanks to the vapor cigarette. Its the best invention ever! I was a 23 year pack a day smoker and I feel so much better now! Try the vapor cig if you have cravings, it will pull you through!

Best of luck!

shery11ynn
on 8/15/14 5:04 am

Hopefully you're lurking and not trolling.  

I quit smoking 20 years ago, and it was SO HARD. I learned that there is no such thing as just one - and I needed to accept that I would never have another cigarette. I tried quitting two times before that, and both times I didn't have this mindset, and had "just this one time" which led right back to pack and a half a day.

The other thing that helped me was this mindset: WHO has the power? Me? or the stick??? I'm a control freak so the idea of an inanimate object having the power made me mad enough to think twice.

I also had people available that I could call when I was at the end of my rope, and they would talk me down off the wall. That support was invaluable - I couldn't have done it without them. 

I also dreamed about smoking for years. When I woke up I was certain that I had smoked, and it scared the crap out of me. Just remember, it gets better and easier the longer you've been smoke-free.

You can do it!!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views