Foamies

kheinz
on 8/14/14 1:16 pm
RNY on 07/23/14 with

I am not sure if it is foamies or not, but twice now I have been full drinking my protein and I get this salty taste that comes up.  Is this it?

canttouchus
on 8/14/14 2:41 pm
RNY on 01/07/14

For me foamies feel like your stomach is tight, and you have air in there. They you start to feel nauseous but all that comes up is foam/mucous.

"There is strength inside of you that you have yet to discover."

MickeyDee
on 8/14/14 4:03 pm

No, foamies happen when you get something not chewed well in your esophagus.  The saliva glands in your mouth go into overdrive trying to help it go down, but there's no room for the saliva, so you get "foamies" from the overproduction,  Sometimes for me, the only way to cure it is to come back up.  Not as traumatic as you'd think.  Otherwise, all you can do is to stop trying to put more food into the non-existent space and let the plug travel through by itself.  Then in future, remember:  "chewchewchew"!

No idea about the salty taste you're experiencing.  Maybe stop drinking before you get too full????

kheinz
on 8/14/14 10:28 pm
RNY on 07/23/14 with

Right now I don't even realize I am too full until it is too late.

jefferytmc
on 8/14/14 10:57 pm

I think we all experience this a bit differently.

I have only had this happen twice, both within the first couple of months post op.

The first time I was eating grits too fast (still in the puree phase).  I started to get the salty saliva in my mouth like when I am going to vomit.  It started to feel like I was having trouble breathing and then I got hot and decided to go get fresh air and ended up spewing the foamie stuff off the front porch.  So for me, there was nothing to chew, I had just eaten too much too fast.

The second time I was eating some chicken and ate a bit too fast and I knew the symptoms so I found the closest restroom.

Even 6 months post op, I still have to take my time and eat slowly.  But I have gotten to learn my signals and when I have had enough to eat.  It is not so much a full feeling as just I "know" I have had enough.  And that amount changes depending on a lot of things.

So, just chew, eat slowly, and learn your body's new signals.  (one of mine was feeling like I was going to sneeze, I knew then that I had to stop eating).

HW: 440.5  RNY 2/18 (Feb - 27, Mar -21, Apr -11, May -15.5, Jun - 12, Jul -14.5, Aug -9, Sept -11, Oct 6.2)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 481 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 441 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 443 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 394 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views
Forum Search Error & 404