I need help!!!

JamieM269
on 8/15/14 12:20 am - MI

I am 35 yrs old and have spent the last 20 years overweight.  I had my RNY on 12/12/12 and I am currently weighing in at 147 lbs.  I look and feel like Im a teenager again, and I have started to revert to that 17 year old girl again.   My friends and family call it the "Buddy Love syndrome" You know the Nutty Professor when he gets skinny and starts acting all crazy.  Well Ive started to drink more than I have in the past and Im not making good choices in my life.  Some days I feel like I just want to run away from all my responsibilities and then I think WTF are you doing!  Has anyone else experienced this?  

To top it all off I had several other surgeries after my RNY and have been on Norco (Vicodin) for almost a year and now have a dependency (I am currently working with a pain clinic to wean off the meds)  I just feel like I am spirling out of control and I am losing myself.  Im not sure who I am any more. When I started my process I was warned not to change my habit from a food addiction to something else, and I think Im now addicted to being thin and the attention that comes with it.  I want to have fun and be the party girl, but I have 2 teenage daughters and a husband that deserve better than that.  Now just to be clear I like the attention but have never stepped out of my marriage.  My husband goes with me when I go out and I will not be disrespectful to him (he is one of the only constants in my life) I dont want any negitive comments so if you cant say something nice and helpful please keep your comments to yourself!  Has anyone else went through this?  Is it just a phase?  What did you do to get grounded again?  I feel like I am spiraling out of control and need to reign myself back in.  All of my "responsibilities are taken care of ie: my husband,  my kids, my house, my job and bills are all taken ncare of.  Im just turning into a person I dont like and need to figure out how to balance this new life and body with my old life.  Thank you!!!

RRach
on 8/15/14 12:48 am

I cant imagine what you are going through but I'd highly reccommend seeing a counselor. I, myself, have an addictive personality and know i need to start seeing one while i'm still early on. Its never too late. 

I commend you for recognizing you have a problem. I'll be thinking about you. Good luck! :)

"Never Give Up: There is no such thing as an ending. Just a new beginning.

poet_kelly
on 8/15/14 12:52 am - OH

Are you in therapy?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

eringudge
on 8/15/14 4:34 am
RNY on 07/28/14

It sounds like therapy might be really helpful for you. 

Gastric bypass patients shouldn't drink alcohol at all. The way your body processes it has changed, and research has shown that you can get more liver damage from drinking, and also be far more intoxicated that you feel. 

Take care of yourself so you can be happy and healthy in all of your relationships in life!

Marilyn101
on 8/15/14 6:40 am - FL

I don't know what you must be feeling but I do think that talking to someone about it will be very helpful. I also loved the compliments and the acknowledgment that came from losing the weight looking better feeling better, but it seems that you may be trading one thing for another. I think that knowing you have a problem and wanting to do something about it is half the battle.  Good luck and feel free to each out if you need to talk....

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 383 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 291 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views
Recent Topics