Freaking Out

iHeartTeas
on 8/17/14 12:59 pm

I'm having a massive panic attack. I have RNY surgery this coming Friday the 22nd and I am scared out of my mind.  I don't want to die. I keep thinking about my kids and husband.  I am worried about long term mortality. I think I'm going to chicken out.

kheinz
on 8/17/14 1:10 pm
RNY on 07/23/14 with
On August 17, 2014 at 7:59 PM Pacific Time, iHeartTeas wrote:

I'm having a massive panic attack. I have RNY surgery this coming Friday the 22nd and I am scared out of my mind.  I don't want to die. I keep thinking about my kids and husband.  I am worried about long term mortality. I think I'm going to chicken out.

It is a much smaller risk of death having the surgery than living the way you have been!  It really has been the greatest thing I could ever do for myself and my family!  You' ve got this!!!

janetta2828
on 8/17/14 1:26 pm

You will do fine :) 

GodsChildII
on 8/17/14 1:36 pm - Seattle , WA
RNY on 08/05/14

FAITH! Have the faith of a mustard seed. Trust and believe in your heart that you are providing not only Yourself, but your children and husband an invaluable gift............... More time with you! The complications from morbid obesity far out weight the risk of surgery. I am praying for you and I know that you will be just fine. Have FAITH!

iHeartTeas
on 8/17/14 1:53 pm

I am also scared about the 30 date death rate and of course how many years I'll live after surgery. I have seen so many scary things online.  I just don't know anyone that has had this surgery years ago.  I guess it is the not knowing.

angel91e
on 8/17/14 2:18 pm
RNY on 01/15/14

I was super frightened before I had surgery in January.  I was asking all the questions you are now and afraid that no one would be honest with me about the downside of surgery, but the truth was while all surgery takes some sort of a recovery period it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought and now that I have learned to adjust to my new healthier eating styles life couldn't be better.  I'm only eight months out and have already hit my first goal and am only thirty pounds from taking off all my excess weight.  My knees don't hurt anymore, I don't sweat all the time, I have loads and loads more energy and have been able to cut back on all the meds I use to have to take.  It was the BEST decision I ever made for myself.  The first time I ever felt like I had found a permanent weight loss solution.

I love my new life and I bet you will too.

Just wait and see you will be another success story before you know it.

Angel

Karen M.
on 8/17/14 11:01 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I am 8.5 years post-op. I am still here, healthy. Had I not had surgery, I am not sure I would be either. Weigh the pros and cons and try to make peace with your decision.

Best,

Karen

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

HarvestMoon1974
on 8/17/14 11:20 pm - Keyport, NJ
Revision on 05/01/14

I'll be 9 years out in October, and although I've had some complications in the past couple of years, all has been resolved, and I am doing well. Maintaining a 190 lb loss, and chasing after 2 very active little boys. I don't regret my decision for a second. Fear is a normal part of any surgery, especially one as big as this, but you'll be fine, and much healthier in the long run. Best wishes for a quick and easy recovery, and a wonderful wls journey!

" Life is a roller coaster, enjoy the ride"
Carol 378/189/170

Thankful for my little miracles Joshua and Daniel.

kheinz
on 8/17/14 11:27 pm
RNY on 07/23/14 with

30date death rate?

Blueiiis
on 8/17/14 11:39 pm - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

I could have written this exact post, and actually told the exact thing to both the doctor and anasteiologist.  My surgeon told me that in grand scheme of surgeries, this is one of the easiest ones that he does, a gall bladder removal is much more difficult and risky for example.  It is totally normal to be freaking out.... They have to tell you all of the possible complications and death rate in irder to protect themselves, and it doesn't mean it will happen to you. 

I am 1 week post op, and still here! You can do it too!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 188 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
Recent Topics