23 pounds in 6 weeks.....that can't be right!!!

Serenity329
on 8/19/14 10:11 am

Hi, I am pretty new to OH and I really don't post much.  But i need to reach out.  I am six weeks post op today.  I have lost 39 pounds including the pre op liver shrink diet.  I have been at a stall for a week now.  Over the last couple of weeks I finally started hitting the 60 grams of protien per day.  I eat about 600-700 calories a day and I have been getting in 51 ozs of H2O per day= 3 bottles.  I feel really down because I dont feel like 23 pounds in 6 weeks is acceptable with RNY.  I went back to work yesterday and at the end of the day I have an upset stomach when i get home.  I have not had this problem til now.  I am having trouble getting the motivation/energy to walk.  I know I need to move and I thought it would get easier when I went back to work but it seems like my energy level is worse.  Maybe I am expecting too much after being off for 6 weeks.  I am spot on with my food intake and calories.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  

HW:291 SW: 267 CW: 246/ RNY on 7/8/14

Jessica 

poet_kelly
on 8/19/14 10:46 am - OH

My surgeon said three to five pounds per week is average after RNY, in the beginning.  23 lbs in six weeks is almost four pounds a week, so pretty much perfectly average.  I think you are expecting too much.  What did your surgeon tell you to expect?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

NHwahine
on 8/19/14 11:11 am
RNY on 06/30/14

We started at almost exactly the same weight. At 6 weeks out I had lost about 25 lbs. I thought it was pathetic, too because I stalled twice. It worked out to a tick over 4 lbs per week, though so that calmed me down some. You are doing fine!!! The scale will move again soon!

43 years old. 5'8" tall  HW 320 (BMI 48.7) SW 268 (BMI 40.7) CW 198 (BMI 30.0)

chulbert
on 8/19/14 9:50 pm - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

The speed you lose depends on the amount you have to lose but an average of 4 lbs per week sounds right on the money to me.

jaynes-jump
on 8/20/14 12:36 am

Could u have done 23 lbs. in 6 weeks before surgery? Sounds good to me!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 362 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 283 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 479 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 399 views
Recent Topics