What's on the menu today, RNYers?

Louise1974
on 8/19/14 10:13 pm

Morning!  I have a TON to do today, work, two little kids, mow the lawn, pack for a trip....  But, I am going to make my food a priority!

Time since surgery:  23 months

S:  tea with soy milk

B:  chia pudding

L:  chili

S:  cukes and tomatoes

D:  roast beef and any veggies that are left in the fridge!

I really need to move my body today, I will mow the lawn which is 1 1/2 hours of pretty good exercise thanks to a busted lawn mower.  I might also take a walk with the kids.  Have a great day everyone!!!!

karenp8
on 8/19/14 10:54 pm - Brighton, IL

Good morning everyone. Getting ready for some rain and storms here in Illinois but Lily and I managed to get 2.14 miles in before it turned nasty. I will find finish the rest of my walk on the boring treadmill here in a minute. I will also do twenty minutes of the 30 Day Shred DVD as well. Post op 9 days shy of 2 years and weight at 120.2 today. On track with vitamins and fluids so far. Here's the food for the day:B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and some blueberries L 31/2 oz meatballs with sauce and 1/2 c green beans S apple with peanut butter D 31/2 oz fish with garden fresh tomatoes S Greek yogurt with nuts before bed. Have a great Wednesday everyone!

Dcgirl
on 8/19/14 11:15 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Good morning Louise and Karen, and all who will post after me!

My trip to Detroit (I am here until Sunday) has been great, though my calories are a little on the high side everyday.  I was getting in good walks with a friend and her dog every morning but yesterday I got a seven day trial at a gym here so I went last night and again this morning.  I feel slightly better being back on routine a little more.  I am not going to gain this week but I fear I won't lose.  Too many meals out :(

B: Chike - enjoying it right now!

L: Leftover chicken/cheese/jalapeno on a few chips

S: If I need one, light and fit yogurt

D: It's restaurant week in a nearby city so my friends and I are trying out a swanky seafood place that has a 3 course meal for $35.  I will have a little salad, the crab cake entree, and take the dessert to go and give it away :)

E: Did 1.75 miles with the dog, then 20 minutes on the arc trainer at the gym, then 15 minutes of strength training

V: Oops, will take now

Have a great day, everyone!  Love that you are both two years post op and doing so well!!!  It's very inspirational for a relative newbie like me!!!!  Em

HFA70
on 8/19/14 11:39 pm

B:  Poached egg, 4 crackers with PB

S:  Low fat greek yogurt

L:  small chicken wrap w/veggies

S:  banana

D:  Going out for dinner, going to check out their menu before I leave, but I love seafood :-)

AnnyBananny
on 8/20/14 12:04 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning all! The shore continues to be lovely and I'm doing pretty well staying on plan. Yesterday I did in deed have a few fries and some frozen custard on the Board Walk in OC, but these choices were planned and tracked and I feel ok about them.

I've had several great NSVs, like not feeling like a beached whale on the beach, fitting easily between my two nieces car seats on the 15 minute ride to Ocean City, and throwing the Pip in the stroller this morning to WALK the .6 miles down to Starbucks instead of jumping in the car. 

I haven't planned today out too much, but I'm confident it will be another good day. For these five days I've told myself I can go as high as 1,000 calories, though I actually haven't gone that high any of the days so far - even yesterday with the fries and custard. Morning vitamins are in, 22oz of water and a 16oz iced coffee are in, so now I'm about to put together my Loaded Greek Yogurt.

Have a great day everyone!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

TammyW71
on 8/20/14 2:05 am

Hi. I am 9 weeks post op and wondering if I can eat cucumbers in vinegar. Like cucumber salad....maybe? There are major food issues right now.

Check out and join a new support Group!

karenp8
on 8/20/14 2:32 am - Brighton, IL

According to my plan I was to be focusing mainly on protein at that stage and cucumbers have none.

StephLE78
on 8/24/14 3:19 am

3 months out here and I just got the go ahead for fresh veggies.  At 9 weeks you should just be transitioning out of purees and into soft foods so your veggies would need to be cooked.  But above all protein should be your first priority.  I was craving salad so much at that point though.  

Dodgergirl27
on 8/20/14 2:17 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Good Morning Everyone!

Sounds like everyone is off to a great start and DC & Anny are doing great while on vacation.  So good to hear.  In regards to the cucumber question, for me, I was ok eating cuke's at 3 months out, but honestly everyone's pouch is different.  I say, so long as it's on your plan, go ahead and make it, eat a bite or two very slowly.  Wait a minute or two and you'll know right away if it's something you can handle or not.  I know I've seen people post on here that cucumbers have not been easy on them, but for me, I've never had a problem.  I love my cucumbers and eat them almost daily.  Good luck!

Time since surgery:  2 days away from 7 months

B - Chike w/ almond milk

L - Work lunch, but likely a salad of some sort

S - Premier Protein

D - Tofu salad with cucumbers and red bell pepper slices

V/W - On track

E - I woke up and walked a mile this morning and tonight 30 min shred

Have a great Wed everyone!

karenp8
on 8/20/14 2:34 am - Brighton, IL

Just finished my torture time with Jillian and I'm sure she'll be happy to torture you this evening! 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 446 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 454 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 397 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 111 views
Forum Search Error & 404