Leg Pain

Ladytazz
on 8/21/14 7:26 am

Before anyone says anything I do have a doctor's appointment for tomorrow.  I am just throwing this out there to see if anyone else has experienced this.

In the past I have experienced what feels like bone pain in my legs.  It hurt but it never lasted long and didn't happen that often.  In the past year it has been more frequent, every day now.

At first I thought it might be related to my desk job.  I tend to sit with my legs crossed and I thought maybe that was doing something.

The pain goes from my ankles to my thighs, no specific area.  It doesn't affect my walking.  Tylenol is useless for it.  Well, unfortunately it is useless for most things with me but that's life.

I have osteoporosis and I was wondering if it could be related to that.  I have an appointment coming up with my endo and I was going to talk to him about it but it has gotten so bad that I decided to see my PCP sooner.

All my labs have been great so I don't think it is related to a deficiency or even my surgery.  I realize that not every little ache and pain is due to my surgery and I don't assume that first off.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

poet_kelly
on 8/21/14 8:15 am - OH

Sounds sort of like my fibromyalgia.  Except I have it in other places, not just my legs.  I don't think you can really have fibro in just your legs - I think the pain has to be widespread.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Grim_Traveller
on 8/21/14 10:31 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I'm sorry I can't help, but I hope you  get this straightened out.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Oxford Comma Hag
on 8/21/14 12:44 pm

I was wondering if it is related to your osteoporosis, too, or perhaps arthritis? I say arthritis not because I think you are old  but because it can hurt like the dickens. Do please tell us what the doctor says. I will swing a chicken for you, Tazz.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Ladytazz
on 8/21/14 3:01 pm

I don't think it's arthritis because it isn't in the joints.  It feels like it's from the bones.  Isn't arthritis only in joints?  I know I do have some arthritis in my knees and neck but not too badly, thankfully.

Oxford Comma Hag
on 8/22/14 7:50 am

Ah, good point. I wasn't even thinking of that.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/21/14 1:26 pm

I have back problem and in the past -my back woukd hurt and my left leg. Just one leg , from the ankle. To,my hip, including the hip sometimes. I belive it is due to my lower spine - and when i get misaligned or slleep on the wrong side then it hurts like crazy.  Only narco or the like can help.  I even scheduled appointment with back doc. In a meantime i exercise- yoga,walking,stretches, etc. Plus chiro, acupuncture,and massage. I have days that i am not in much pain. But since its localized, one sided, it is most likely bad sciatica..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Ladytazz
on 8/21/14 3:02 pm

I've been having issues with my right hip, as well.  I believe that is sciatica.  It is a different kind of pain, though.

I'm a freakin mess :(

poet_kelly
on 8/21/14 3:49 pm - OH

Does heat help?  A heating pad or a hot bath?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/21/14 9:26 pm

Yoga has been best thing. Workjng on my back muscles really makes a long term improvement. But it takes time.   Also changing how i sleep - position, made a huge difference. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 536 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 268 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics