Leg Pain

Oxford Comma Hag
on 8/22/14 7:53 am

I had hip pain that I thought was sciatica, but it was my sacroiliac joint out of alignment. I went to a couple of PT sessions to learn to align it myself and now it seems fine. I went through a period of weird aches and pains every time I turned around. Mine probably had to do with having to sit all day at work, though.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

BWB
on 8/22/14 1:15 pm

That sounds llike sciatica.  It is the worse pain that I've ever had.  I went to water aerobics and it gradually went away.  It was explained to me that as you age the muscels in our pelvic area weaken and the sciatic nerve can get injured causing pain all the way to your feet.  I hope it isn't that bad for you but you migh****er exercise with a trainer.

SunnyGal14
on 8/21/14 1:46 pm
VSG on 08/06/14

Like Hala said, the source may be your back. I started having leg pain in my left leg only for a long time before my back started giving me problems.  This was all confirmed by my doctor. I hope you're able to get it figured out! 

Vsg on 8/6/14  5'8" HW 266 SW 243 CW 169 GW 155. 

pathchic
on 8/21/14 10:57 pm - FL
RNY on 08/07/13

I'm a converted sceptic on chiropractic intervention.  Some of them are full of crap, admittedly, but I started seeing one for back and leg pain and I feel like a million bucks -for the first time in like 15 years.  I always blamed the pain on my weight, and admittedly a lot of my constant pains went away as the weight came off, but the back/leg stayed.  As my chiropractor says, there are plenty of fat people that don't hurt all the time. Might be worth seeing one to get an opinion. 

Sarahakers11
on 8/21/14 11:30 pm - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with

I would ask if its possible nerve pain but thats usually a deep burning feeling or tingling.  I am sure its related to something else but whats your latest labs look like. Is it possible you are low on B12 ..although I think what your describing doesnt sound like neuropathy.

HW - 297  start of Pre-op - 290.2   SW- 279.2   GW - 145    

The Depressed Hiker Blog

A middle aged over the hump and over what "I'm suppose to do" woman, with the wild spirit and a nasty case of depression and anxiety!

Tanya S.
on 8/22/14 8:15 am
RNY on 03/25/14

Shoes.  Are you wearing "pretty" shoes or the right fitting shoes?  I can hardly believe the difference in my leg, knee and hip pain when I wear a good fitting (expensive) shoe. New balance is my go to.

BWB
on 8/22/14 1:17 pm

I agree with you.  I bought orthotics (sp?) and they were expensive but worth it.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 362 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 283 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 479 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 399 views
Recent Topics