Tomorrow - BIG Day

iHeartTeas
on 8/21/14 3:07 am
with

Tomorrow I have surgery. I am on my clear liquid diet and don't like it. Of course I'll complete it but still it doesn't mean I enjoy it, can't imagine anyone would.  I am a plethora of emotions.  Scared, worried, excited, anxious on if I'm ready.  I am not sure if I can come to grip with the reality that today is the last day I am who I have been all these years. There is a line drawn in the sand and tomorrow I cross over it never to return to the other side again.  Overwhelming! 

Aside from being worried about complications I am now worried about what my diet will be like once I am past recovery. Will I like anything I liked before? Will even be able to eat anything I used to eat? What if I still feel like I can't get up to exercise? I am sure these are all questions everyone has asked themselves. I just wish I had the knowledge today and not have to wait for them tomorrow.  I hope that makes sense.

LittleMikey64
on 8/21/14 3:52 am
RNY on 08/06/14

Good luck!

I'm two and one half weeks after surgery and I'm feeling great.  I've been able to walk since the night of surgery and was able to go back to the pool at ten days out.  I'm sure individual results may vary, but I would imagine that you'll do just find.  I'm a newbie, so I can give you any long term perspective.  However for now, I'm eating soft foods, I'm never hungry, and I feel great.

I wish you the best and hope the same for you.  Don't be afraid ...

Mike

Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.  Saint Francis of Assisi

iHeartTeas
on 8/21/14 4:25 am
with

Thank you Mike and congrats on your surgery and progress. :)

karenp8
on 8/21/14 4:43 am - Brighton, IL

You will do just great. I have found that most things I liked before I can still eat except for sweets which is what got me to the point of needing surgery. I feel so much better and don't even miss them. Being able to move without pain is way better than any piece of pie or cake! It is all worth it and you are worth it too. I'll be praying for a successful surgery and speedy recovery for you tomorrow. Make sure to drink and walk as much as you can and you will do great!

iHeartTeas
on 8/21/14 7:25 am
with

Thanks for all the well wishes. I just found out surgery got moved up. Now I have to be there tomorrow at 8am. My surgeon has no concerns, looks like I am ready to go.

Spots- N-Dots
on 8/21/14 8:01 am

Sending you warm thoughts and well wishes. Keep us posted on your recovery.

Take care

Debb

" Never let your dreams rust "   

Eggface
on 8/21/14 9:00 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Speedy healing!! A healthier version of you is on its way... iHeartTeas, The Remix ;) 

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

AshleyAlive
on 8/21/14 9:09 am

Best wishes to you. I'm sure you will be just fine and happy :) 

Starting a new journey to a new healthy life! ~ashley

iHeartTeas
on 8/21/14 9:22 am
with

Thanks everyone I am starting to get used to the idea of a new future.

Bonnie250
on 8/21/14 11:23 am
RNY on 08/25/14

I feel ya!! I am having the same emotions. My surgery is the 25th (MONDAY) and its crazy, to think our lives will be forever changed, isnt it. But I know this is a GOOD thing we are doing!!! All your questions are normal. You'll be fine! Best Wishes to you!

Bonnie

Most Active
Whats on your Monday menu RNYers?
karenp8 · 62 replies · 680 views
What's on your Tuesday menu RNYers?
karenp8 · 56 replies · 464 views
I?m back, with a familiar story
Teena D. · 16 replies · 374 views
Calorie intake
vpstang · 13 replies · 249 views
Is this normal?
MadisonRose · 9 replies · 206 views