Shoulder pain / Gas. ?

mawdebo
on 8/22/14 8:01 am

I'm 13 days out, I have lost 14 lbs not counting hospital fluids :) I like to say it that way. Cuz I was actually bigger when I left hospital than when I went in. :) but I have been hurting in my shoulder I'm not sure if it's gas or not kinda sharp pains. Cuz I know people hurt from the gas they give u but I was only bothered with it little bit. It's not just one shoulder. It's sometimes both it's been 13 days since surgery. I heard I'm not sure bout it though say it could take up to 2-3 wks to go away. Thanks

My first goal 

Tanya S.
on 8/22/14 8:24 am
RNY on 03/25/14

Yes, that sounds like gas pains. The best thing you can do is walk, walk, walk, walk. It helps move the gas out faster.   And remember to get your fluid in every day. You don't want to get dehydrated.

mawdebo
on 8/22/14 9:26 am

Thanks a lot  :)

My first goal 

kheinz
on 8/22/14 9:27 am
RNY on 07/23/14 with

Agreed!

hollykim
on 8/22/14 10:10 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

is it left shoulder pain? If so,I would call my surgeon. That is one sign of a leak. Have you had any fever?

mawdebo
on 8/23/14 2:07 pm

No , no fever .the first day home from hospital I had little fever. Today is not as bad. Would it come and go. Or be steady hurting. 

My first goal 

hollykim
on 8/24/14 2:21 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I think it would be pretty steady if you had a leak. Have you had a  bowel  movement?

mawdebo
on 8/24/14 5:54 am

No it's not steady. And yes I have bowel movements .. NO PROBLEM THERE LOL.. I think it's gas. And it's not that bad today.. And I'm 194 today :) lol

My first goal 

Kathyjs
on 8/22/14 7:42 pm

If you had your surgery done laparoscopically rather than one large incision it is more than likely gas as they put you in a weird position putting pressure on your shoulders, walk and walk some more

hollykim
on 8/23/14 5:23 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On August 23, 2014 at 2:42 AM Pacific Time, Kathyjs wrote:

If you had your surgery done laparoscopically rather than one large incision it is more than likely gas as they put you in a weird position putting pressure on your shoulders, walk and walk some more

it is. Not the positioning that causes the shoulder pain,it is the gas itself that is used to elevate the surrounding organs giving the surgeon room to move the instruments. 

Surgeons remove as much gas as possible but some usually remains and then the body has to eliminate it. As gas usually rises,it goes to the shoulder area.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 419 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 121 views
Recent Topics