Yellow, sticky, fluffy poop for three weeks(not parasite) gummy vitamins???

Jen Lyn
on 8/23/14 3:34 am
RNY on 11/11/13

I have been tested for parasites, infections, and blood in the stool.  Could it be after 9 months(2 on 3 types of vitafusion gummy vitamins) nothing? My surgeon's PA said it was not surgery related.  Should I try to take nongummy vitamins? I had IBS since age 12 but it turned to constipation after the surgery due to the vitamins. I was confirmed not to have chrons before surgery. Thanks.

SkinnyScientist
on 8/23/14 4:48 am

I would try swappiong up the vitamins. My vitamin brand and kind certainly have an impact. My iron make it this creepy green color.  However, if I skip the iron and end up eating black beans..I have tarry-black/brown.  Both...look like they should be in a sci fi movie.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

SkinnyScientist
on 8/23/14 4:49 am

OH..one more thing.

Have you tested your iron/hematocrit lately?  Poop is brown because of the catabolized Red blood cells. I am wondering how your doing with your RBCs if your poop is yellow..not brown.  Are you not breaking down RBCs cuz you dont have much left to spare?

Crazy..but this is the way I think

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

poet_kelly
on 8/23/14 4:57 am - OH

I'm just curious - if you are take gummy  multivitamins, are you taking all the stuff missing from them separately?  Like copper and selenium and everything?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Jen Lyn
on 8/23/14 10:06 pm
RNY on 11/11/13

I kept choking on calcium so I went to the small ones. Taking so many at one time with water with every one gave me a stomach ache with nausea so I went back to gummies.

My iron absorption is the one thing low as if I am not absorbing it.  Suggestions welcome.

poet_kelly
on 8/23/14 10:42 pm - OH

So you are taking gummy calcium? So not calcium citrate?  Because there is no gummy calcium citrate.  And we don't absorb calcium carbonate or tricalcium phosphate.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Valerie G.
on 8/23/14 11:36 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Gummy vitamins are not a good vitamin for malabsorbers.  The poop is likely due to something you're eating - possibly the vitamins.  

With calcium, try upping your magnesium to counteract the constipation.  Vitalady.com has "Tender Calcium" that has it all combined together and works wonders for many.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

jaynes-jump
on 8/26/14 1:20 am

I was told NO gummy vitamins.  Not sure if that is it but definitely would go to 2 chewable Flintstone vitamins insteada see if that helps. Good luck! 

56sunShine14
on 8/26/14 1:26 am

I found chewable One A Days.

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 420 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 228 views