What's on your menu today, RNYers?

Dodgergirl27
on 8/22/14 2:19 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Good Morning Everyone and Happy Friday!

My strategy when with family is to a) either bring something protein forward I can eat (deviled eggs are always a really good choice for me b/c they fill me up really well and then any cravings I have go away) or b) to pick one thing I'm ok with letting myself eat when I get there and only eating that.  I feel your pain b/c my family TOTALLY shows love through food (there's a reason I'm the 4th person in my family to have RnY with an aunt scheduled for surgery next week....I guess we just really love each other :) and the members of my family who have not had WLS have 0 sensitivity.  Plus, they'll put a ton of pressure on you to eat/try whatever it is they make.  That's why if I have one thing that I'm ok with eating and I keep a plate (usually a small plate) with me at all times, it's kind of like my shield.

Time since surgery: 7 months today

B - Chike w/ almond milk

L - TJ Cobb salad

D - Premier Protein Shake & some TJ Just chicken strips

W/V - On track

E - Another hour of spin tonight.  I loved the class last night, and I'm sore today but I want to go back tonight since I won't be able to go at all this weekend.

Have a great weekend everyone and safe travels home Em & Anny!

dlang057
on 8/22/14 2:34 am
RNY on 03/25/14

Hi everyone!  It has been a few weeks since I have posted so trying to get back on track.  It always seems if it is not one thing it is another.  Between busy times at work, family drama and clean up after a big storm I am ready to throw my hands up.  The latest is the storm clean-up from a quick storm that came through on Tuesday.  My house and garage were hit by a falling tree and I lost two additional trees in my yard, one of which crushed a portion of the fence when it landed in the neighbor’s yard.  I am waiting here today for the claims adjuster to come so I can move forward with repairs.  Gratefully the majority of the damage is to the garage but it was and has been a lot to deal to say the least.

On a happier note I hit the 100lbs lost mark on Sunday!

Happy Birthday Emily! It’s wonderful you are getting to spend with friends in your old stomping grounds. 

My menu for today is:

B: tuna salad on a slice of 100% whole wheat toast

L: the other ½ of the tuna salad (made from a 4oz can) but will use slices of bell pepper to dip

D: turkey meatloaf with a spoon of KFC coleslaw and mashes potatoes

S: Premier Protein chocolate shake

W/V:  Need to pick up the pace to make sure I get them all in today.

Calories: 807, Protein: 82, Carbs: 69, Fat: 30

rvtisme
on 8/24/14 6:52 am
RNY on 12/16/13

Happy Birthday EM!!

looks like your near goal! I've got 45 pounds more to go, and a little worried I won't make it! Poor eating choices lately, just changed jobs and leaving to work WAY earlier than I'm use to, so eating out for lunch and dinner! This is a no-no for me, too high in calories and fat.

So heres my day for today:

B: Premier choc protein shake

L: Chopped Slaw with low fat asian dressing, 2 oz. deli turkey

D: going to party, so not too sure what they are serving, but I will not have desserts.

S: 1 oz. beef jerkey, and low fat string cheese, nectarine.

I haven't plugged in my fitness pal yet, so once I do, I will know now many calories I've used and where my protein numbers are.

Have a great rest of the day all!

Renee

HW: 355, SW 314.2, GW: 165 - Surgery Date 12/16/13

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 427 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 382 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 274 views