Always hungry

jfarside
on 8/22/14 9:34 am
RNY on 09/02/14

My surgery is scheduled for the 2nd I saw my surgeon for the 1st time on July 9th and have been doing great only water no extra or added sugars lots of fruits and veggies and chicken but the last 2 days I am so hungry all I want to do is eat. I'll eat and get full than 30 min later I feel hungry again and no matter what I do it doesn't stop I can keep myself busy go for a walk eat sunflower seeds to keep my hands busy but nothing is helping.  Anyone have any advice? Thank you!

Surgery 9/02/14 HW 360

Jenn S.
on 8/22/14 10:02 am - Boise, ID
RNY on 06/16/14

Are you sure it's not head hunger instead of physical hunger?  I would be honest with yourself and make sure that you are really hungry. If it is head hunger, keeping busy will help with that. Clean the house, work in the yard, do whatever you find will keep you busy.  If it's physical hunger I would make sure to drink more water, and try to eat more protein.  Good luck!

hollykim
on 8/22/14 10:06 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I would ditch the fruit. The sugar in it is making you hungry. Even if it is natural sugar,sugar is sugar. 

Also, as long as there is free flowing sugar from fruit in your blood stream,your body won't burn your stored fat.

SkinnyScientist
on 8/25/14 6:19 am

What she said. I have PCOS and have crazy insulin spikes (and subsequent EXTREME HUNGER) when I run into a carb. It does matter if it is complex or simple. The fact that it is starchy typically sends me reeling.

I pretty much eat meat and veg. Meat and veg. If I am "blowing the diet" I eat some cheese.  That is living wild and dangerously.   

I have seen a potato or sweet potato in over a year.

Crackers haunt me.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

jfarside
on 8/22/14 10:19 am
RNY on 09/02/14

Thank you both I have been super busy getting ready for my surgery kids ready for school appointments and other things but no matter how busy I am I am still hungry I'll ditch the fruit and I have been drinking tons of water just can't stay full for long and its only been the past 2 days. I was wondering if it might be cause I am due for my monthly but i'll just have to keep an eye on it

Surgery 9/02/14 HW 360

CerealKiller Kat71
on 8/22/14 10:47 am
RNY on 12/31/13

If I eat fruit, it definitely makes me hungry.  You'd be better filled adding more protein.  The sunflower seeds are probably serving three purposes: a need to chew, a need to crunch, protein and fats.  The problem is that they are very nutrient dense (a lot of calories for very little) -- and snacking/grazing makes it easy to take in far more calories than intended.  Try more dense protein at three meals: meat, chicken, seafood/fish.  See if that doesn't satiate you more

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

jfarside
on 8/22/14 10:57 am
RNY on 09/02/14

I have I also do a fiber supplement and a protein powder mixed in water

Surgery 9/02/14 HW 360

poet_kelly
on 8/22/14 10:56 am - OH

Do you think it's real hunger or just "head hunger?"  Try drinking something when you want to eat.  I find hot drinks, like herbal tea, work really well for that.  Or eat sugar free jello.  And try doing something with your hands that keeps you from eating.  I like to crochet.  It is impossible to eat and crochet at the same time and I find myself wanting to get just one more row done and that keeps me from eating sometimes.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

jfarside
on 8/22/14 12:41 pm
RNY on 09/02/14

I really think it is real hunger because I will do tons of stuff to distract myself things that would normally work and it's a new thing not something I've been feeling before I find myself waking up in the middle of the night hungry I have never done that before I think I might call my Dr and see if he knows what's going on. 

Surgery 9/02/14 HW 360

poet_kelly
on 8/22/14 12:41 pm - OH

Are you drinking less than you were before?  Or eating a lot less fiber?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 519 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 402 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 257 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics