Back & Stomach Problems After Surgery

BretCanda
on 8/24/14 12:12 am

Hello,

My name is Angel and I am new here,

Well I had the RNY surgery(with multiple staples) on 8/18/2014. We are now on Day 7 and I am experiencing really bad back & stomach pains. My back start hurting when I try to breathe deeply and if I move in a certain way, overall though I don't feel my back that often but when I do it is painful. My stomach hurts the most when I try to sleep (haven't had a full night sleep). When I lie down it feels like something in my stomach and trying to rise up, and it's not in only one spot its in different places. 

I read about this online and it could be gas I believe. Only cause I do burp but that's it, and no poop either. So i don't think that's what suppose to happen. But is there any other symptoms that could be the problem, and what activities I should do?

Walking around the block, stretches, showering, medicine, etc. 

jfarside
on 8/24/14 2:10 am
RNY on 09/02/14

Sounds like constipation call your surgeon and ask what you can take or do for it. I get tons of fiber but I have IBS and that is one thing I am nervous about. I get constipated a lot and I get pain in my lower back belly pain sometimes nausea and a fullness feeling down in that area. But I am pre surgery so my best guess is to call in and see what they say.

Surgery 9/02/14 HW 360

onyxboo
on 8/24/14 4:00 am - WY
RNY on 08/22/14

I am on day 2 from surgery. I also I am experiencing painand pressure in my chest and abdomen area but not my back.I have a feeling this is due to all that gas in my cavity and was told the only thing you can do for it is to walk as much as possible and keep sipping your water while you walk good luck to you.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 366 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 301 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 301 views