Sample Menu 6 Weeks Post Op?

kbb0185
on 8/27/14 3:37 am, edited 8/27/14 4:06 am
RNY on 07/15/14

I had to find a new NUT because my old one left.  I am going to see her in a couple of weeks, but I need some help.  I am going away overnight with some friends this weekend and my husband.  We are going to a concert and out to lunch and probably dinner as well.  I just checked the menu and I don't see anything I can eat.  My diet in general consists of the below items daily, and little to no varying of that because I am afraid.  At three weeks post op I was throwing up a low trying new things and eating too fast, so now I am very cautious.

-light and fit greek yogurt

-1 oz of cheese

-1/2 of a quest bar - cookie dough

-coffee

I tried some rotisserie chicken the other night and got sick from that.  I was able to eat about 1/2 an ounce of taco turkey meat with sour cream.  I am worried about going to a restaurant and ruining the day :(  They do have chili, but that made me sick three weeks ago, so I am afraid to try it again.

Here is their menu;

★MOZZARELLA STIX: 6 OR 12                
★WISCONSIN CHEESE CURDS    
★ONION RINGS                                   
★BASKET O’ FRIES                               
★CHILI CHEESE FRIES                            
★CHICKEN TENDERS                              
★JALAPENO POPPERS: 6 OR 12    
★DEEP FRIED CALAMARI RINGS     
★PIZZA       
★DEEP FRIED RAVIOLI                
★SPINACH & ARTICHOKE DIP
★VEGGIE PLATE                           
★CHILI                       
★SOUP OF THE DAY          
★GARDEN SALAD             
★CHICKEN SALAD                        
★THE HARBOR SALAD            
★COBB SALAD
★HOT DOG                      
★KIDS TENDERS              
★MAC AND CHEESE         
★GRILLED CHEESE           
★COLD HAM & CHEESE  
★PB&J                              
★FRENCH FRIES
★COLESLAW
★POTATO SALAD
★BABY BAKERS
★SOUR CREAM
★SURF & TURF                               
★CLASSIC HAMBURGER                            
★THE BURGER FROM HECK
★THE TEXAS BURGER
★THE MUSHROOM SWISS                                                       
★THE PIRATE MELT
★THE BAJA BURGER
★BRAT BURGER                                                      
★TURKEY BURGER                                                  
★VEGGIE BURGER
★THE DOCKMASTER
★GRILLED CHEESE
★TRIPLEDECKER B.L.T.
★TURKEY CLUB                                  
★ARRRRMAZING STEAK SANDWICH
★PRIME RIB SANDWICH                                      
★PHILLY STEAK AND CHEESE
★REUBEN
★PERCH SANDWICH
★LE CORDON BLUE
★GRILLED CHICKEN SANDWICH
★PEPPERJACK CHICKEN MELT
★CRISPY CHICKEN SANDWICH
★BAJA CHICKEN SANDWICH

Surgery Date: 07/15/2014

AnnyBananny
on 8/27/14 3:56 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

In general I think most people would tell you to NOT try something new when you're out and I definitely agree, especially so early out. What I would actually do is eat either before or after going out and then just have a beverage at the restaurant. The protein bar would be easy while to have with you. 

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

dccyr
on 8/27/14 3:59 am

Turkey club, picked apart, or the soup depending on what it is.  just do the broth part.  Chef salad, eat the egg and meat and cheese part. 

Waysta
on 8/27/14 4:42 am - TX

soup and carry a fruit that you know you can handle or cheese or quest bar.......put your hands around your beverage and do sip, sip, sip......I have found, that it doesn't matter what I am putting in my mouth, just as long as I am eating or drinking with everyone else.

Slow and steady !!!!  Have a Blessed Day !!!!!!                             
emckechnie
on 8/27/14 11:55 am, edited 8/27/14 11:55 am - West Sacramento, CA

Try a bit of the turkey burger, no bun, or the perch sandwich, again, no bun. When I was a month out, we went to a Mexican restaurant and they (bless them) turned fish taco's into a grilled fish filet. They usually basted the fish with butter and at my request they put lemon on it. I ate about 4 wonderful tablespoons and felt full, but I explained to them that it was my first time out post-surgery. They were so jazzed that I'd chosen to break my 'fast' at THEIR restaurant that the manager came by to make sure everything was ok. Just ask the restaurant for what you want, maybe a lightly grilled perch saute, kept moist. Nibble from the middle (no crispy pieces) and don't drink before or after eating. You might be surprised at what they'll do for you and what you can tolerate now.

Also, I'm not surprised that the chicken and chili didn't set well with you. I throw up after I eat most chicken, including canned and grilled, so I don't eat it. And I don't tolerate spicy foods well either, so again, no surprise. I also find that very acidic foods don't sit well: mustard, pickles, lemonade, so I avoid that, too. Ditto for tomato soups and sauces. Try eating canned vegetables (i.e. veg-all). It went down very well. Also, split pea soup wasn't a problem and cooked beans went over well (not refried--too fatty). So, again, talk to your waiter or call ahead, explain your situation and what they'll do for you.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 446 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 454 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 397 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 111 views
Forum Search Error & 404