Should I Say Anything to my Doctor?

Happy78
on 8/31/14 8:28 am

I have had nothing but problems since my surgery 2 1/2 months ago. I had chronic nausea for 5 1/2 weeks and within two days of that going away my gallbladder started up and I had to have surgery to remove it and became nauseated again. The nausea is finally going away but I just realized I can't eat as much as I could. I measure out 2 oz of chicken and 1/4 cup of veggies and before I could eat all of it, now I can eat about two bites of chicken before I am super full. Could I be developing a stricture? Liquids go down fine. It's solid food that I can't eat much of. I am definitely not eating what I was even a week ago. But I am not throwing up - I stop eating the minute I feel any fullness. I am not sure what to do. If it is a stricture I want it caught before my intestines completely close up but I don't want an endoscopy if I don't need one.....

poet_kelly
on 8/31/14 8:32 am - OH

Yeah, I'd talk to your doc about it.  It could be a stricture but maybe it's not.  Your doc is the best person to decide if it would be best to just wait and see if it gets worse or to do an endoscopy now.  I'm sure your doc doesn't want to do an endoscopy either if you don't need one.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Shirleyann_43
on 8/31/14 10:14 am

Sounds like everything is normal.

selhard
on 8/31/14 12:50 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

If like you said, "you've been having nothing but problems," a friendly suggestion would be to keep in frequent contact with your WLS facility.  Close communication will be helping both you and them.  You must be frustrated to think of yet another hurdle, but as you may know, strictures are fairly common.

Happy78
on 8/31/14 8:16 pm

I am the problem patient. The doctor and his staff all know me personally.

New_Beginnings_Nin
o

on 9/1/14 12:23 am

Don't say that about yourself. You are not the problem patient! Some of us get more complications than others and it sucks and it's unfair but other than me praying that you will see nothing but great things moving forward I will suggest that you start a list of NSV's (Non scale victories) and list 5 of them since you had the surgery and you can start today, on this very blog! Have you come off of any medications? Can you walk more than you used to? Do you fit in a pair of jeans you always wanted...etc...etc

I'm glad that the complications you have had all had solutions that's always good right? Now I do suggest you contact your doctor about the amount you're eating cause I'm only a week post op and I don't have enough experience to talk about that. 

Many GREAT things ahead. 

I wish you all the best :)

Nino

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 413 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 359 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 406 views