I hate this feeling

jillbeme
on 8/31/14 12:12 pm
Revision on 07/29/14

I use to love to eat. Now I dread it. When I eat and feel that I've had enough I stop. Then about 15 minutes later start feeling like crap. I feel like I have to throw up. I'm so depressed. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I just hate this feeling. Please help. 

Jill     

Sherrie P.
on 8/31/14 12:16 pm
RNY on 02/06/13

My guess is that you are overeating. You should measure your food and eat no more than that. 

You are still early out - you will heal and things will get better!!

Feeling like you have to throw up is not normal. Cut back on your portions and eat REAL FOOD ... tiny bits of real food.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Awillis
on 8/31/14 12:20 pm - Richardson, TX
RNY on 08/28/14

Jill sorry you are having a difficult time. I am three days post op and am having my first nausea issue I think related to taking in too much liquid.  The learning curve is hard mostly trial and error.

Remember this is a journey, take is slowly learn from each issue.  About throwing up, that would be the last thing I would want during my post op as tummy is already achy.  Maybe losers that have been successful long term can answer with more guidance.  Hang in there as tomorrow is another day.

selhard
on 8/31/14 12:25 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Ideas to try if you haven't already:  1) eat no more than 1/2 cup of protein/veggie combination at a time  2) eat every 2-3 hours remembering to wait 30 minutes before drinking water again  (your body needs 64 ounces of water per day)  3) journal every bite of food in an effort to pinpoint what kind of food bothers you the most  4) take a walk, short or long, right after eating  5) call your WLS facility to get ideas and/or advice from the professionals

SkinnyScientist
on 9/1/14 9:55 am

Considering that she is just 2 months out, shouldn't her portions be more like 1/4 of a cup and a soft protein (i.e. scrambled egg white)?

My doc had me go small volume for a VERY long time. If I remember correctly, I was allowed to start working up to 1/2 cut around the 4-6 month mark.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

poet_kelly
on 8/31/14 12:27 pm - OH

Sounds like maybe you are eating a little bit too much.  How many bites do you usually take before you feel that you've had enough?  Try taking a couple bites less and stop.  See if that helps.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

jillbeme
on 8/31/14 12:27 pm
Revision on 07/29/14

Thanks everyone!

Jill     

56sunShine14
on 9/1/14 10:11 am

Jill, it does sound like you might be eating too much but you did not respond to answer that so we don't know how to help you.

I just had my band out but one of the signs that let me know I was full was I would start hiccupping.  And sometimes they were hard hiccups that hurt.  Your body almost always gives you some sort of "signal" that it is full.  Try to slow down and see what that signal is, then wait 20 minutes to see if you feel better. If you do, you have fund your signal and that is what you want to pay attention to when you eat. 

Some people sneeze, everyone has their own signal. Good luck.

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

Samantha F.
on 8/31/14 11:08 pm, edited 8/31/14 11:08 pm - Coden, AL
RNY on 06/09/14

I am afraid of my food too!!! Throwing up became a several times a day ritual. Everyone also told me I was eating too fast. Finally, they believed me when I said I was measuring my food and setting a timer. I couldn't keep anything down. Anyway, it turns out that I had a stricture in my esophagus and it was the size of a pencil! The doc has stretched it three times now every time it is a little larger than the last. Now he sees something "funky" in the bypass part of the intestines so looks like I'll be having another surgery. All of that to say, make sure you are following the rules, measure your food small bites, chew, chew, chew, and take at least 20 minutes to eat. If you are doing that, you may have a complication that needs to be addressed

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/1/14 12:38 pm, edited 9/1/14 12:38 pm - OH

It might be the amount that you are eating, but it might also be how quickly you are eating or how well you are chewing your food.  

Does it happen no matter what you eat or does it usually happen with certain foods? It also might be your choice of foods.

If you give us more information, we can probably offer better suggestions.  You should not be experiencing nausea every time you eat.

Lora

10 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.