4 Days Out!

greengoddess550
on 8/31/14 5:32 am

I am four days out of surgery!  And right now, the biggest thing I'm struggling with is a) getting up and moving - it's so hot outside, but walks around the house   are so boring! and b) missing all the food I could eat and the ease with which I could eat and drink.  I suppose I'll get used to it.  But right now I would kill for some cheesecake!

poet_kelly
on 8/31/14 6:14 am - OH

It will get easier.  You won't have to get used to this, because it will get better.

I'll tell you a yummy recipe for when you're on pureed foods.  Take some plain Greek yogurt and some sugar free cheesecake flavored pudding mix.  I use a whole package of pudding mix (just the dry powder, don't make it into pudding) for about 32 oz of plain Greek yogurt.  Add a little splenda and stir it up good.  Tastes just like cheesecake.

Once you're on soft foods, add a spoonful of no sugar added cherry pie filling on top if you want cherry cheese cake.

Or, since it's almost fall, make pumpkin spice cheesecake!  Mix up the yogurt and cheesecake pudding mix and splenda and add some pureed pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling, just plain pumpkin, which you can find with the pie fillings in the store).  Add a little pumpkin pie spice.  It's yummy.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

iHeartTeas
on 8/31/14 7:13 am

That sounds amazing. :)

crqvingchange
on 8/31/14 11:38 am

That does sound yummy, and I need to get in more greek yogurt.  Is it firm set, where you could slice it, or do you spoon it into dishes.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 357 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 386 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 477 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 144 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 395 views
Recent Topics