What's on your menu today, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 9/1/14 9:54 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning, OH world! I hope everyone had a happy and healthy Labor Day weekend if you're in the US! I had a fun weekend, though hit some stumbling blocks when it came to my post-WLS eating. Picnic present so many chances to make unhealthy choices - oy! 

The scale has been moving quite slowly lately AND I know I've been making poor choices when it comes to food. This week is all about keeping protein forward and getting in so much liquid I think I'm going to float away. It's about 350 steps round trip from my desk to the lady's room at work, so I have to keep reminding myself that not only is drinking good for me but it helps me get my steps in LOL.

Time since surgery: 5 months, 2 weeks

B: Loaded Greek yogurt

S: Coffee, CHIKE!, almonds

L: Curried chicken and a cheese stick

S: Laughing Cow Light and some Fiber Gourmet Thinables

D: Trader Joe's chicken sausage with reduced sugar ketchup and green beans

S: Cool Whip FroYo

TOTALS: Calories 899, Protein 85, Carbs 83, Fat 39

V/W: started

El headed to the Y this evening

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Dcgirl
on 9/1/14 10:58 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Anny, you are down 110 lbs in 5 months so you clearly know what to do!  I know picnics can be tough...I can graze on crackers or tortilla chips like a champ :(  Thankfully I spent a lot of time at home this weekend where it's hard to make bad choices because I don't keep much around that is bad (other than that damn Skinny Pop).  Thanks for the suggestion of Fiber Gourmet Thinables - I ordered them from netrition and they arrived like 2 days later and are quite delicious!

I am being as good as possible since I am on a family vacation at the beach Th-Sun and then Vegas for work Mon-Fri.  Ugh.  8 flights in 8 days - and FIVE MIDDLE SEATS.  That would have put me in an anxious tailspin a year ago.  I mean, it's not gonna be comfy this time around, but it will be bearable.  

Where did Daisy go?  When does Angela get back from her three week trip?  I am loving seeing the new posters and also missing the old.  Join in, all!  Give me ideas and keep me inspired and accountable!

Time Since Surgery: 8.5 months exactly

B: Chike Chike Chike.  10 oz of water mixed with Chike and 2 ice cubes.  My happy place.

L: 3 oz ground turkey with taco seasoning, 1/8 cup of shredded Mexican cheese, 1 tbsp light sour cream, hot sauce...all mixed up to make the 99% fat free meat more moist.  I eat them with a half serving of Chia Crisps (Jalapeño white cheddar) that I got at Whole Foods.  A half serving is 11 crunchy crisps which is 55 calories, 9.5 carbs, 2 protein.  I scoop the meat mixture onto the chip.  Delicious!  Feels like tacos!

D: Same as lunch!  Takes me a while to get through a package of ground turkey!

S: Skinny pop, light and fit greek yogurt with 1/2 tbsp of chia seeds and 1/2 tbsp of sliced almonds

E: 30 mins personal training and 40 minutes Arc Trainer done already :)

V: First batch in

Totals will be around 900 calories, 89 g protein, 56 g carbs.  My carbs have definitely crept up a bit ( I used to be hardcore and do 20 g per day or less and if I had 40 I was freaked out).  But I have seen the scale move again so I am trusting the process.  I think I will likely have another snack today because my body feels best at 1000 calories or so.

Have an awesome day, everyone!  I hope you enjoyed the long weekend, US peeps!  Em

AnnyBananny
on 9/2/14 12:00 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Em, thanks for the reminder that I DO know what I'm doing - I just have to DO. IT. Period, not make excuses!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

NYMom222
on 9/2/14 9:42 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I looked at your profile and am totally blown away by the amazing transformation. Being only 6 weeks out as of tomorrow it's still a little "I can't believe I will get there". Any thoughts for a newbie are always appreciated.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Louise1974
on 9/1/14 11:10 pm

Good morning!  My computer is working, for the moment at least!  I continue to muck around with my diet to try to find the cause to my strange gi problems.  After being dairy free for six weeks I tried cheese a few weeks ago and had a major flare.  So I said, okay, allergic (or something) to dairy.  but then I tested it again a few days ago and no flare, about the same.  So...  i don't know what that means.  But I do know that my daily tea tastes so much better with real milk!  So I am going to do a few days of dairy and see what happens. 

S:  tea with milk

B:  shake with choc protein powder and milk

L:  salad with chicken and ranch dressing

S:  soybeans and dole whip

D:  hummus and veggies

no exercise today, I have a long day at work.  Have a great day everyone!

Dcgirl
on 9/1/14 11:50 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hey Louise - I am by NO means a doctor (I am a marketer lol) but a friend of mine has had extensive GI problems (bloating, cramping, etc.) for years.  She was diagnosed with SIBO.  Which she is SO thankful for since she can cure it with antibiotics and get the bacteria back in check.  Her next step was to stop eating all foods and slowly reintroduce them, which she was not looking forward to.  So perhaps your issue could be SIBO? Good luck getting to the root of the problem!

Louise1974
on 9/2/14 2:06 am

SIBO is on the short list as a possible diagnosis.  I have an appt with a different GI guy next month.  The last one was an ass.  Oh!  That is really funny, get it?  The GI guy was an ass.  Haha, I am cracking myself up today!  Something is the matter with me and I am going to figure it out, that is all there is to it!

Dcgirl
on 9/2/14 2:11 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hey Louise - it was really an easy thing for her to diagnose.  She had to eat white bread, hard-boiled eggs, white rice, and white chicken for one day.  That was IT.  Then she fasted 12 hours and went to the doc.  They had her drink a glass of sugar water and then she had to breathe into a machine every hour or two for a couple of hours.  The diagnosis - SIBO!  

NYMom222
on 9/2/14 9:43 am
RNY on 07/23/14

What is dole whip? Just curious. Thanks for sharing!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Louise1974
on 9/2/14 9:50 am

Hi!  It is a soft ice cream, dole makes it.  It is dairy free but has a fair amount of sugar in it.  It isn't a great choice for many post ops but as long as I have some protein along with it I do fine with it.  I was off dairy for a long time, I seem to have some problem with it (though I am not totally sure and that is driving me nuts but that is a whole different topic!) so I got hooked then. 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 293 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics