Momma's Back Baby!!!

iHeartTeas
on 9/3/14 4:25 am

Had my post op appointment today. I had the rest of my staples removed and no more strips so I am left to heal on my own.  I still have the ball in my throat and we are keeping an eye on it.  It may be a stricture but more likely it was the trauma from the tube during surgery.  It is troublesome but I am hoping it will go away in time.  

Best news... I was moved to soft blended foods!!! Yes, let there be variety and flavor again my friends. 

Even better news!!!! I was given the "okay" to drink tea again.  I am a HUGE green tea junkie and was told to take it slow but I can drink it once again.  No joke I started tearing up. LOL 😄

As for weight loss 27.1lbs since I started my PreOp diet and 15lbs since surgery which was 8/22/14

I finally see the light and I am happy to slowly walk to get there and find my new happiness.  I hope this means my dark times are past me.

Susanb2117
on 9/3/14 5:36 am

Congrats on the weight loss!  being able to drink green tea again!  and your great attitude!  Keep up the good work.  Looking forward to getting surgery date soon and am so ready to get going.

iHeartTeas
on 9/3/14 6:12 am

Thank you :). Good luck on your journey. It is hard but I am can see how it is starting to get better, at least for me.

Braceface
on 9/3/14 11:56 am
RNY on 04/24/14 with

I remember going home from the hospital and sipping a cup of English breakfast tea felt like a little bit of normalcy in my life.  The blended foods were a blessing also after the sweet shakes. I blended all kinds of things, especially chili, to baby food consistency and loved it.

good luck

iHeartTeas
on 9/4/14 6:36 am

Thank you and exactly.  I am convinced tea has magical soothing properties and can help change any mood to have a happy one.  I too blended chili and it was great.  Even a bit spicy with no issues. I'm still struggling with plain water but I hear it's normal.  The doctor said it is related to the surface tension of water so at the moment I use alternative methods to hydrate.  I couldn't agree more about the sweet shakes.  I am a savory gal so it was truly a huge victory when I moved up.  

Good luck to you as well. :)

Bonnie250
on 9/5/14 1:59 pm
RNY on 08/25/14

Thats awesome! you are doing great!  KEEP GOING!!!

Bonnie

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 383 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 287 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views