Request for assistance

Eggface
on 9/4/14 9:29 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Hi all, For those of you that don't know me my name is Michelle "Shelly" I had RNY in 2006, been hanging around OH off and on, time & life permitting since.  I've blogged my journey too... which has helped me keep my head in the game. Highly recommend it. Wishing all you starting on this road all the best... WLS was truly the best gift I ever gave myself. Hope you will feel the same way. 

So the request...

The Obesity Action Coalition (OAC) has a petition to eliminate hideous Apps like Fatify, Fat You (fat shaming, tools of bullies, that have no purpose in this world and need to go) and I'd love for the OAC to have a few more signatures on it. Here's some more 411 and the link to the petition: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2014/08/pleas e-sign-obesity-action-coalition.html The developer calls it "entertainment"  and I know some people will say "get over it, it's a joke" but as a person affected by obesity most of my life there was nothing entertaining or funny about it and my heart hurts for the kids that will be taunted with crap like this. Thanks for adding your voice and helping send a message that it's not OK.

OK off the soapbox ;) for now. Thanks again and feel free to tweet (I'm @Eggface you can scan my tweets and RT one of those tweets, easy peasy) or share on Facebook. Appreciate it.

~Shelly

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

crqvingchange
on 9/4/14 10:40 am

Well said.  It is just plain bullying.  Don't tolerate bigotry in your presence, don't tolerate bullying in your presence.  By not speaking up we are giving our acceptance of this behaviour.

Eggface
on 9/4/14 11:26 am - Sunny Southern, CA

I know kids today will still face the verbal jeers like some of us faced but at least we can help them out by calling out technology uses like this. Thanks for the help. A little chip at the mountain. May not move it but you know gotta try. TY xo

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

selhard
on 9/6/14 12:03 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

I signed with hope for a more kind world.

Jenn S.
on 9/6/14 1:57 pm - Boise, ID
RNY on 06/16/14

Signed, thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 544 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 299 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 129 views
Recent Topics