Surgery in ONE week!

kayleystar
on 9/7/14 11:38 pm
RNY on 01/06/15

Well, hopefully. 

I've had my surgery scheduled for about 3 weeks now. I've got my packing started (I live three hours from my surgeon's office, so I'm paranoid I'm going to forget something), I've got a schedule for my pills for post-op, and overall, I'm just EXCITED to start my new life.

However, I'm waiting for a call from the surgeon's office to tell me if we need to re-schedule. I've had pneumonia for about 4-5 months, and apparently when I did my pre-op clearance testing (at a different hospital than the one I will be having surgery at), they never forwarded the chest x-ray, so my surgeon didn't even know about it! He sent me for updated x-rays on Friday. If I have an active infection, they obviously can't put me under anesthesia, and I will have to have the surgery moved back. However, if it's scar tissue that's just causing residual effects (shortness of breath mostly), I should be able to continue as planned. I have no active cough/mucus, so I'm hoping it's just scar tissue, due to the fact that my pneumonia was  mis-diagnosed, and therefore not treated, and it got pretty bad. 

Of course, I want to be the healthiest I can be for surgery, but dang it, I will be so disappointed if it gets pushed back. Really REALLY want to have the surgery this year....I've already met my deductible for the year! lol

Highest Weight: 412 | Day of Surgery: 385 | Current: 341
Surgery Date: 1/6/2015 

Alibye
on 9/8/14 3:32 am
Alibye
on 9/8/14 3:32 am
NYMom222
on 9/8/14 8:57 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Hope it works out... that would stink on both accounts, postponing and if you had to pay your deductible again. Good Luck!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 320 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 374 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 466 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 380 views