What's on your menu today, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 9/11/14 12:31 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning from *****oteague Island, VA! Looks like even though I'm late to the game, no one has started the menu post, so here goes!

Hope everyone is having a good week. I've been doing fairly well staying on track, with a few missteps along the way, but generally speaking I've been making good choices and keeping my calories in check, though they're a little higher than normal. I've been exercising every day in some way and it feels good!

This morning I took my rented bike out for a second time and did a 9.2 mile ride - WOW - it felt amazing! I rode from our house rental out to Assateague and along one of the nature trails. I spotted a turtle, tons of birds, and so many beautiful views it was crazy. 

So what's on your menu today? Here's my plan!

Time since surgery: 5 months, 3 weeks

B: Loaded greek yogurt and a banana mini muffin

S: CHIKE!, coffee, and maybe a Kind bar (my aunt brought them and I'm intrigued. They're a little high in calories, but I see them readily available all over the place, so I'd like to try them and see if they'd be a good option in a pinch)

L: Quest bar while we're out and about

S: Fiber Gourmet and Laughing Cow Light wedge

D: mini meatloaf that I didn't eat last night

S: Cool Whip FroYo and a graham cracker

TOTALS: Calories 1020, Protein 91, Carbs 104, Fat 45

V/W: rockin' and rollin'

E: 9.2 mile bike ride and a walk later with my sister

We're off to do paint your own pottery right now - just the grown up girls - my sister, aunt, and I - and I can't wait! What a fun souvenir it will be! Hope everyone is off to a great day.

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Louise1974
on 9/11/14 12:57 am

You look GREAT!  I am thrilled to see that you rented the bike.  Isn't it awesome to do the stuff that we either couldn't do or were afraid to do?  I am planning a zip line adventure.  Ha!  Zip lining, I would never have quessed.  i get kind bars now and then, they are really sweet but if it doesn't trigger you they aren't the most horrible choice.  I eat them while hiking. 

My food has been getting a little sloppy.  Today I am making a real comittment to dialing things back a little and getting more mindful.

Time since surgery: 23 1/2 months, holy cow!  My two year anniversary is in two weeks.  Without thinking I scheduled a doctor's appt for my daughter on that day.  I am going to call right now to reschedule that appointment so that I can go on a major hike to celebrate.  Hmmm, Maybe I could do a solo overnight hike?  Oh, this is gonna be great!!!!

S:  tea with soy milk

B:  1 oz ham steak (not cured though so no salt/nitrates) and sauteed yellow squash with broccoli rabe and tomatoes with nasturium flowers.  I filled up on the veggies and could only get 1 oz of meat in, but no worries, i will get my protein up later in the day

L:  pinto beans with homemade salsa and some sort of cornmeal creation, maybe just fried cornmeal or a corncake or something or tortilla chips (one, I repeat, ONE small serving of said carbs)

D:  leftover ham steak and sauteed or grilled veggies, broiled eggplant

S:  something with plenty of protein, maybe a shake?

Exercise:  cleaning out the attic, have to do all the heavy lifting for my poor husband who hurt his foot, I think yoga is in my future too.  It is a rainy chilly day so attic cleaning out is about perfect.

Have a great day everyone!

lucky2brh-yahoo.com
on 9/11/14 12:46 am - Wilmington, NC
RNY on 07/01/14

Anny, you look fantastic! I'm amazed...almost 10 MILES!!!! Must have been wonderful!  Even though  you say your calories are a bit higher, look at all that exercise you are getting.  I bet you come back in with a loss.

Here's my planned menu:

B: Light & Fit Greek Yogurt with 1/2 scoop unflavored protein powder

L: 1 pouch of StarKist Tuna Creations; 6 small, super thin, harvest grain crackers

S: 1/2  Boca Burger; tbsp. Salsa;  2 tablespoons low fat cottage cheese

S: Low fat string cheese  OR  Jello Sugar Free Pudding; Premier Protein shake (sometime)

Have a great day, everyone!

AngryViking
on 9/11/14 1:36 am, edited 9/11/14 1:54 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Hi all!  Anny it looks beautiful where you are!  My husband bought me a bike (light blue cruiser; very retro!) shortly after surgery and I have to say I'm not yet comfortable on it.  I think that will come with some more time/weight loss.  I would love to take a ride like that!

Time since surgery:  8 weeks today!

B:  2 cups of coffee and a Light & Fit Greek Chocolate Raspberry yogurt

L:  1/4 c. Skinnytaste turkey taco lettuce wrap minus the lettuce because I forgot it.  Plus, 1 oz. cheddar, Wholly Guacamole avocado ranch cup and a 1/2 serving of Tostitos Crispy Rounds.  Writing this out seems like a lot, so I'm doubtful I'll finish everything.

D:  Butterfinger protein shake.  Big and little are having pizza and I am opting out.  Plus, I need to bump my protein.

V/W:  Underway

E:  Not sure.  The weather super sucks today so maybe I'll treat the family to a living room dance party a la Wii Just Dance.

Totals:  Calories:  776  Protein:  65  Carbs:  39  Fat:  39  Sugar:  10

Dodgergirl27
on 9/11/14 2:05 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Good Morning All,

Anny congrats on the bike riding, the pic looks awesome!  It makes me want to go on vacation :)  Louise, I'm with you, ziplining is on my to do list as well.  It's something I never thought I could do before.  One "new" thing I'm doing this weekend, that I never in a million years would have done before losing 100+lbs, is taking a barre class.  I'm sure most of the girls in the class will be teeny tiny, but still, it's something I've always wanted to try and I figured why not?  I love the freedom over your life that WLS gives us all! Free to do all the things we were always to afraid to try.  Those are the best NSV!

Time since surgery: 7 months and almost 3 weeks

B - String cheese & light and fit

L - TBD (got a really late start today and ran out of the house w/o my lunch, which NEVER happens, at least not planned.  I'll likely pick up a salad somewhere)

S- String cheese and a premier protein

D - The protein shake may be my dinner, it depends on my hunger today (and what I get for lunch).  I have a hair apt, so I'll be getting home late.  I might try and make today a light eating day.

V - Forgot :( Will take when I get home

W - On track

E - TBD as well....not my best planning day, but I will get it together :)

Have a great day everyone!

karenp8
on 9/11/14 2:32 am - Brighton, IL

What a beautiful view Anny,and way to go on the bike rides. If I didn't have such a good walking buddy I would get a bike. Lily is the best motivation to walk everyday because she gets so excited when her leash comes out I just can't tell her no! Today we drove to the park because it was sprinkling a bit and walked 2.8 miles while we were there. I will do another mile on the treadmill after I finish lunch. I will also ride the bike for twenty minutes. Vitamins and fluids are in track and here's the eats:B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L 1/2 c chicken salad and 1/2 c Greek yogurt S apple with peanut butter D 31/2 oz chicken cordon blue and 1/2 c green beans S Greek yogurt. Hope everyone has a great day!

kbb0185
on 9/11/14 2:43 am
RNY on 07/15/14

Congrats on the bike ride Anny, that is just great, and you look fabulous!

I am trying to up my protein from 60-80g a day because I am exercising.  I am struggling to do that, and have planned the day to get there but only by adding two protein shakes (60 g in themselves).  I just can't eat that much food!  Good news is I was really upset after a therapy appt yesterday and discussing some deep heavy stuff.  Typically I would have gone home and eaten, but instead I jumped on the elliptical for 45 minutes and took it all out there!  And the scale finally moved, down 1.5 lbs today!

Calories
Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar
Torani - Sugar Free Pumpkin Pie Syrup, 2 tbsp (30mL / 1 fl. oz)) 0 0 0 0 5 0  
Almond Milk - 1 Cup, 1.5 Cup 60 3 3 2 270 0  
Add Food  Quick Tools 60 3 3 2 275 0  
Lunch
Panera - Broccoli Cheddar Soup (Cup), 0.75 Cup 165 11 11 7 698 0  
Premier Nutrition - Ready to Drink Chocolate Protein Shake, 2 Shake 12oz 320 10 6 60 720 2  
Add Food  Quick Tools 485 21 17 67 1,418 2  
Dinner
Danon Light and Fit - Raspberry Chocolate Greek Yogurt, 5.3 oz 80 8 0 12 45 7  
Add Food  Quick Tools 80 8 0 12 45 7  
Snacks
Mariner Stoned Wheat Bite Size Crackers - Crackers, 8 crackers 51 9 1 1 101 0  
Stop & Shop - Cracker Cuts, Sharp Cheddar Cheese, 4 Slices, 4 slices 130 0 10 8 200 0  
Add Food  Quick Tools 181 9 11 9 301 0  

Totals 806 41 31 90 2,039 9  
Your Daily Goal 1,880 71 63 259 3,000 71  
Remaining 1,074 30 32 169 961 62  
  Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar

Surgery Date: 07/15/2014

karenp8
on 9/11/14 4:16 am - Brighton, IL

KBB you'll have no problem getting 80 grams of protein from food once you get farther out and can eat a bit more. I hated the taste of any any protein drinks but had to suffer through them for a while. I was so so happy when I could drop them from my menu!! Congratulations on not eating your emotions after your therapy appointment. You are developing new and healthy habits,which is critical to being successful long term. 

kbb0185
on 9/11/14 4:21 am
RNY on 07/15/14

Thank you so much Karen :)

Surgery Date: 07/15/2014

AZPatty
on 9/11/14 9:42 am
RNY on 02/25/14

Anny you look great!  I am glad you are enjoying your vacation with your family.  I am late posting today. I am off to Aqua Fit class and to do some strength training in 10 min.

B:  Premier Protein, WW Jalapeno String Cheese, tea

S:  Light and fit yogurt

L:  Green chili and turkey egg puff--last day!

D:  solid white tuna/ 2 T. light mayo/ on savory cracked pepper crisps

S:  popcornopolis nearly naked popcorn and a wedge of laughing cow light on savory cracked pepper crisps

Totals:  Calories 853, Protein 85, Carbs 65

E:  1 hour of Aqua Fit, 15 min. on elliptical, and 15 min. strength training.

Hope everyone had a great day.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?