What's on your menu today, RNYers?

kbb0185
on 9/11/14 10:41 pm
RNY on 07/15/14

Figured I'd start today since Anny is on vaca :) 

Did my first personal trainer session this morning and man am I sore!  But its a great feeling :)  Doing a long walk along the Newport Cliff Walk tomorrow with some friends, so lots of activity this weekend.

Here's my guesstimate for the day.  We're taking my daughter to see Frozen on Ice tonight, so I'll probably just do a protein shake for dinner.

Breakfast Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar
Almond Milk - 1 Cup, 1 Cup 40 2 2 1 180 0  
Freshii - Bacon, Egg & Cheese Wrap, 0.25 wrap 88 7 4 5 285 0  
Add Food  Quick Tools 128 9 6 6 465 0  
Lunch
Panera - Broccoli Cheddar Soup (Cup), 0.75 Cup 165 11 11 7 698 0  
Add Food  Quick Tools 165 11 11 7 698 0  
Dinner
Premier Nutrition - Ready to Drink Chocolate Protein Shake, 1 Shake 12oz 160 5 3 30 360 1  
Add Food  Quick Tools 160 5 3 30 360 1  
Snacks
Quest Protien Bar - Chocolate Brownie, 0.5 bar 85 12 3 10 155 1  
Mariner Stoned Wheat Bite Size Crackers - Crackers, 8 crackers 51 9 1 1 101 0  
Stop & Shop - Cracker Cuts, Sharp Cheddar Cheese, 4 Slices, 4 slices 130 0 10 8 200 0  
Add Food  Quick Tools 266 21 14 19 456 1  

Totals 719 46 34 62 1,979 2

Surgery Date: 07/15/2014

karenp8
on 9/12/14 12:03 am - Brighton, IL

Thanks for starting us out KBB! Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned. Its a chilly day here in Illinois so I'm glad I went through my closet and brought out my winter things. I also pulled any sweaters from last year that I didn't wear or was tired of them and bagged them up to take to a resale shop run by the area hospital. It's amazing that my clothes from last winter still fit perfectly. I love that!! Post op two years and 2 weeks and weight at 119.8. Lily and I walked 3.88 miles this morning. She loves this cooler weather and had a pace of 3.2 mph. On track with vitamins and fluids so far. Here's the eats: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L Mexican: refried beans,ground turkey,cheese and tomatoes(1 cup) S wholegrain crackers with peanut  D 31/2 oz chicken cordon blue 1/2 c green beans S Greek yogurt with nuts. Have a great weekend everyone!!

hl1524
on 9/12/14 12:12 am - Austin, TX

Good morning!!  It's beautiful here in Philadelphia today - I couldn't ask for better weather.  I'm going to go take a nice walk along the river.  I have been looking forward to the nice breezy fall days.  

Time since surgery: 2 weeks

B: squash soup

S: greek yogurt

L: crab salad

D: tuna salad

S sugar free popsicle

V/W: started

E: walking at the gym

RNY 8/27/2014

Dodgergirl27
on 9/12/14 1:24 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Good Morning All and Happy Friday,

I am happy this week is coming to an end, it's been a crazy one at work.  If I can just get through today, it should be smooth sailing this weekend.  To compensate for the crazy week, I have some double sessions planned at the spinning and pilates, so that should be good.  When I finish tough workouts like that it always makes me feel good because I know it's something I couldn't have done 8 months ago :)

Time since surgery: 7mo, 3 wks

B - Chike with Almond Milk & 1 C of Watermelon

L - 1/3 steak burrito bowl from Chipotle

S - Light and Fit Greek Yogurt

D - Going out with clients, after taking a look at the menu: grilled salmon with grilled veggies

V/W - On track

E - Depending on what time I get home tonight I might try and get some yoga in....I need the stress relief!

Have a great weekend everybody!

Awillis
on 9/12/14 2:44 am - Richardson, TX
RNY on 08/28/14

Two questions, what is "loaded" greek yogurt and can you share recipe for the cool whip froyo?

AnnyBananny
on 9/12/14 2:54 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Loaded Greek Yogurt is my generic term for greek yogurt with stuff in it. Most often I put sliced almonds and chia seeds in it. Sometimes I put some fruit, sometime a different nut.

The Cool Whip FroYo is so easy and I find super satisfying to my sweet tooth. Get a tub of Cool Whip, I get the sugar free, but light or fat free would work fine, and let it thaw in the fridge. Then you mix in two containers (the 5.3oz ones) of greek yogurt - I usually use Light and Fit Greek in whatever flavor I feel like - and you're done! I like to use a silicone muffin pan to freeze them into little individual servings - divided into 12 and made with the above each little puke is 54 calories.

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

AnnyBananny
on 9/12/14 2:05 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning every one, it's another rainy day here on *****oteague, but that's ok, I'm going to knit, read, watch tv and maybe take a nap. My sister and I took a nice 2 mile walk this morning and I just got back from a little outing with my older niece. The outing involved getting treats from the famous bakery here on the Island - I resisted getting something for myself, though I did have a bite of my aunt's glazed doughnut.

Time since surgery: 5 months, 3 weeks

B: Loaded greek yogurt

S: Chike!, coffee, almonds (and a bite of doughnut, how does one track that?)

L: Quest bar (lunch this trip has been all Quest bars, I'm just not feeling anything else really)

D: supposedly we're going to a BBQ place, but with the rain I don't know that it will happen - it's this funky outdoor place - probably pulled pork with a vinegar based BBQ sauce

S: Cool Whip FroYo with a graham cracker crumbled on top

TOTALS: Calories 960 for now, Protein 95, Carbs 82, Fat 44

V/W: got a great start

E: 2 miles with Kate, more walking and playing

Have a great Friday all!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014