Help getting "Back to Basics"

Magnoliagirl
on 9/15/14 8:40 am - Waltham, MA

I will be 3yrs out from RNY next month.  I saw the NUT today and have gained 8.1 lbs.  I want to nip this in the bud.  Does anyone have any tips on how to get back to basics?

White Dove
on 9/15/14 9:19 am - Warren, OH

I never went back to basics for very long because it never worked for me.  At three years out your pouch is much bigger than right after surgery.  You are able to eat things you could not after surgery.  When I would go back to basics, I would feel hungry and deprived.

So I started with a program called If It Fits Your Macros

I put in all of my information and then get the amounts of protein, fat, carbs, and fiber that I need every day for my weight loss goal. 

I can get my macros from any food as long as I stay in the range of calories, fat, protein and fiber.

I weigh myself everyday and track food with My Fitness Pal and this works for me.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Ladytazz
on 9/15/14 9:46 am

For me the basics are pretty much protein first, no drinking with meals or 30 minutes afterwards and no impulse eating.

That is about as simple as I can make it.  I also complicate it up a bit by also not eating anything with sugar and gluten but that is my preference.  I don't measure my food any more but I tend to stick with single portion things if I can get them, even if it's a little more.  It is actually cheaper to buy things in single portions then it is to throw out leftover from things I don't eat.

My other basics for myself is at least 100 grams of protein and 100 oz of fluids a day.

It can be as simple or as complicated as you make it.  I need to keep it simple and easy to live with in order to be able to stick with it.

But always protien first and no drinking with meals or 30 minutes after for me.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Magnoliagirl
on 9/15/14 10:53 am - Waltham, MA

Thanks for the advice.  The waiting to drink is one thing I've really gotten lazy about so thanks for the reminder!  I'm just so scared of regain that I want to stop it now at 8lbs and not let things get out of control.  Thanks again!

Ladytazz
on 9/15/14 2:29 pm

Better to get a handle on it now.  Losing 8 lbs is no picnic but let it go and it will be 10, 20 or more and that is a lot more overwhelming to deal with.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Clarissa A.
on 9/16/14 5:06 am - RI
RNY on 02/08/12

I am right there with you. I have been slacking big time and drinking with my meals. It stops NOW! Good luck to us xoxo

To be tested is good. The Challenged life may be the best Therapist - Gail Shea
Member Services
on 9/16/14 5:31 am - Irvine, CA

Check out this OH group, they are great with helping you getting back on track 

Back On Track Together

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 383 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 426 views