fitbit?

mellabella115
on 9/15/14 7:27 pm - North York, Canada

So I see a lot of people talking about this little thing and now I want one lol....just curious what models are recommended. ..i am pre op but would like to do my research now so I can start using it right away....thanks

Kimber_CH
on 9/15/14 9:01 pm - Switzerland
RNY on 08/27/14

I have used a fitbit for several years now. I currently have the flex and love it. Very easy to use. Tracks not only your steps but also your sleep. It also has a silent alarm which I use to remind myself to take my vitamins. It is worth it. Cheers Kimberly

GodsChildII
on 9/15/14 9:52 pm - Seattle , WA
RNY on 08/05/14

I also use the fit bit flex. I have had mine for at least two years and love it. I download the app on my phone and record my water and food intake religiously to stay on track. In the evening if I see that I have not reached my goal for steps, then I get up and walk around my house (lol). I love it!

White Dove
on 9/15/14 10:41 pm, edited 9/15/14 10:42 pm - Warren, OH

I recently bought the Garmin Vivofit.  I chose that one because I like to swim and do water aerobics.  I wear it all the time both in the pool and in the shower.  It also has an advantage that it does not need to be recharged.  It has a watch type battery that will last for one year.

Since I started wearing the Vivofit I am always looking for an opportunity to add steps.  I park at the furthest spot in the parking lot.  When I shop I take longer and walk from one end of the store to the other for one item with a smile because I am adding steps.  When the weather is rainy, I go to the mall and walk.  I will walk around the house at night just to get in my last steps.

Vivofit syncs with My Fitness Pal, so I still use that to record food.  My big revelation was sleep quality.  I "sleep" eight hours every night, but get up in the middle of the night and get on the computer.  So now I know that I might have gone to bed at midnight and got up at eight, but I can see that three hours were not spent sleeping. 

Information is always a good thing.  I am planning on adding a heart rate monitor and a scale that syncs to the Vivofit.  When you don't move for a while, there is an indicator bar telling you that.  I am anxious to make that bar go away so get up and start walking.

I can look at my wrist and get the time, date, steps taken, steps to goal, and calories burned.  When I sync with My Fitness Pal, it calculates calories burned in My Fitness Pal. It is comfortable and fun.  People look at it and ask, "It that one of those fitness things?" 

Once you get used to having all that information, you will wonder how you lived without it LOL

Vivofit

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Grim_Traveller
on 9/15/14 11:41 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Thanks, White Dove, for writing out everything for me. I agree 100 percent. It's an excellent motivator. I always get more activity. The only difference is mine is a FitBit One. I didn't like any of the wrist band types. I carry the One in my pocket.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Jenn S.
on 9/16/14 1:59 am - Boise, ID
RNY on 06/16/14

I have the fitbit flex as well.  I absolutely love it.  I love tracking my exercise, food, water, weight, everything, in one spot.  I think it helps me with accountability, because I can see if I need to exercise more, or if I need to add more protein. I wear mine all the time except to charge. 

mellabella115
on 9/16/14 6:35 am - North York, Canada

Thank you for all the replies, but just want to confirm something. ..with the fitbit flex you can track your food and protein? 

Jenn S.
on 9/16/14 6:44 am - Boise, ID
RNY on 06/16/14

Yes, absolutely!  

mellabella115
on 9/16/14 6:47 am - North York, Canada

Great thank you I will definitely have to look into getting one :) 

kbb0185
on 9/16/14 2:29 am
RNY on 07/15/14

I just bought one!  Excited to see how it works, love that it links up with My Fitness Pal :)

Surgery Date: 07/15/2014

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 568 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 354 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 221 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 374 views