Started my liquid diet ugh!

Bubbles314
on 9/16/14 7:38 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

I started my liquid diet and my headaches like crazy.  Gonna take a nap.  I can have 800 calories daily in shakes, no food or other calories.  OMG just three weeks.  Surgery October 6th.  I hope time flies

Awillis
on 9/16/14 8:22 am - Richardson, TX
RNY on 08/28/14

I had some headaches too, could be from withdrawal from caffeine or just the stress of getting to this point, lol.  I did almost a month of liquid protein to get a jump start and you are right this is probably least favorite time but the end or should I say the beginning is so near, so keep your eye on the prize.   You can do his!

cspotrun
on 9/16/14 10:25 am
RNY on 07/01/14

I had a headache and felt lousy for 3 days.  The 4th day it got better.  I just looked at it as a means to an end.  Survival mode, that's it.  Hang in there and keep yourself busy!

Karen   

st_gilmer
on 9/16/14 11:06 am - Canada

So glad to hear it gets better. I'm on day 2 of just shakes and my head is aching really badly. I gave up caffeine several months ago in preparation for this day. Glad I did. At least it's not as bad as it could be!

Bubbles314
on 9/16/14 1:21 pm - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Thanks for all your help I'm glad it gets easier.  I'm on 5 protein shakes a day until surgery October 6th.

mandylu
on 9/16/14 10:04 pm - Newport, TN
RNY on 09/24/13

In my opinion this was the hardest part of my journey. It doesget better after the first week . I chewed sugar free gum in between shakes. Tried to sike myself out....it helped a little. It will all be worth it I promise you that. Hang in there. The carb withdrawals are the worst. I've never felt so cranky. You'll be amazed at how much you lose before surgery. Keep focused and remember its worth it. My starting weight was 371. Day of surgery 360. In 1 week I will be 1 year out and now weigh 231. I've  lost 140 lbs and went from a size 28 to an 18. Would probably be smaller but tons of excess skin. Even so it has all been worth it. Good luck and you can do this

Bubbles314
on 9/17/14 3:33 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Mandylu

I quit caffeine a couple of months ago so I did not think I would have a headache.  Thanks for your encouragement, I believe I agree with you carb withdraws are the worst.  If I feel like this for 3 days or so (as others report) think how bad carbs must be for your body.  I'll definately have to remember this after surgery when I really want carbs.  Worst headache I have had for a while that stays with you.

Your weight loss is impressive, I hope to do as well.  Best of luck to you to.

Han Shot First
on 9/16/14 9:58 pm - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

I have the same surgery date!  And I have to admit, I'm glad that I don't have to start my pre-op liquid diet until the 27th.  I'm dreading that the most of this whole process.

--

150 lost and maintaining!

Bubbles314
on 9/17/14 3:52 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

wcdaniels

It is good to know that there are others with this surgery date.  I have to admit I didn't think I'd have any problems with withdrawl because my Dietition has you quit caffeine and soda a couple months before surgery.  The headache is constant. 

Are you having RNY?  Keep in touch through the OH.  Best of luck on the liquid diet and surgery :)

Han Shot First
on 9/17/14 3:58 am - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Yep, I'm having the RNY also.  I've also already given up caffine and WOW!  Now that was a tough week.  But, I'm glad that I've done so, and broken it's hold over me!  It's like my first victory in this whole process.

I'll definitely be reading on here to see how you do!  Less than three weeks!

--

150 lost and maintaining!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 563 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 338 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 455 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 369 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?