Have you been accused of being a picky eater post op?

Cheryl N.
on 9/21/14 12:52 pm - Des Moines, WA

Hey! I haven't posted in a long while!   A lot has been going on in my life, job change, car accident, etc.

Anyway I am still losing 3 years out ... doing alright, at 3 years out, I still can't stand a lot of food. 

Friends say that I have became so picky.  I am not picky on purpose.  I just don't like a lot of food since I had the bypass 3 yrs ago and still don't.  I have tried explaining that but to no avail.   Oh well.

Have you had this happen to you?

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

april89love
on 9/21/14 1:01 pm - NC

I hear that too!! My family just doesn't understand why I don't want to go to olive garden. I have a hard time with pasta and the temptation of bread sticks there is too much to bear. I rate all restaurants now on their proteins and I don't like tough meats. I feel it's more of a discriminating palate... Glad to see you back on the board!

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

MyLady Heidi
on 9/21/14 4:05 pm

Yes I can't eat a lot of things, I am picky but try not to be annoying about it.  Today is a perfect example of picky, my boyfriends brother went down to the bar they own and got wings for everyone to watch football.  I won't eat meat with bones or fried food, he forgot to tell the cook they were for me so I would of gotten grilled chicken tenders in honey bbq sauce had it been right.  So instead he brought an order of normal wings and I am sure got annoyed when I walked away and refused to eat them and had nothing instead.  But I can't eat it any other way so I chose to not eat.

hl1524
on 9/21/14 11:19 pm - Austin, TX

I have noticed that some things aren't nearly as yummy as they used to be now that I have to chew chew chew and chew some more.  

RNY 8/27/2014

NYMom222
on 9/22/14 1:20 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I am early out, but I can definitely see how that can happen. My tastebuds are all over the place. Made some egg salad to take to work last Thursday and after I took the first small bite, I was like if I eat this I will vomit. So I didn't eat it. If I had said that out loud people would have thought I was crazy. The one thing I can seem to tolerate well is fish, and I went to eat at Red Lobster for lunch last week. My first restaurant meal since surgery. The fish and veggies were awesome, but those damn cheddar bay biscuits. Couldn't resist the temptation to eat a piece.

Anyway, BTW, I don't think you have to explain yourself. A lot of people just don't like certain things and they didn't even have surgery. Good Luck!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

hammonds99
on 9/23/14 2:01 am

My husband keeps telling me it is all in my head.  there is no way I am going to eat it again.  One it has made me ill and 2 the thought of it makes me want to gag.  I am about 5 weeks out and still learning.  But if they want to call me a picky eater than so be it.  This journey is about me getting healthier, not making other people happy.  If you aren't eating ith other WLS people,  most people just don't get it.  I say stand your ground and let people deal with their own issues

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 411 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 357 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 405 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 2 replies · 10 views
Recent Topics