Vacation NSV - BUT gained 3lbs in a week?

ruby8157
on 9/22/14 1:15 am

So we just got back from a Puerto Plata all inclusive resort - a  6 night stay right on the beach. First NSV was not needing a seat belt extender and also tray table laying flat! Second NSV was fitting on the very small seat on the bus from the airport to the resort with my husband. Next the resort had a lot of stairs and ramps to and from the beach which were no problem, and the beach beds were a little high off the ground but I was able to get on and off without looking like a beached whale! I also didn't think  twice about being in my swimsuits even  though I have skin issues after losing 79lbs!! I didn't care I just had fun.  I struggled a lot with my food - I couldn't eat a lot of the buffet food and didn't do very well  with my protein even though I took  some  powder and  my shaker. I did ok with the water since I took my insulated Thermos but I guess I drank too much alcohol (maybe 3 drinks while at the beach they were very light on the alcohol ) and a glass of wine after dinner because I got on the scale today and I am at 218.6 when I left I was 215! Could I really have gained 3.6lbs from the drinks? I did do a lot of walking and did water aerobics in the  pool 3x and did not snack at all! Oh well we had a great time and I can't wait to travel again but it's back to my regular routine this week.

Member Services
on 9/22/14 7:14 am - Irvine, CA

Shake it off and get back on track.  You can do it!

NYMom222
on 9/22/14 12:21 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Focus on the good memories and move on. You probably didn't gain 3+ pounds of fat, you would have to eaten 10,500+ extra calories... even a few extra drinks don't add up to that. It will probably take a couple of days for your body to flush out the water weight. Good Luck!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Rose A.
on 9/23/14 12:11 am - west mifflin, PA

I agree, it sounds like water. I'm sure you didn't drink as much as you do at home, plus the heat, your body probably started to conserve. It will be gone as soon as you stabilize your routine. I swear we are like Bears, our bodies were built for conservation and survival !

ruby8157
on 9/23/14 5:34 am

Thanks you guys - I am back on track and already down one of those pesky pounds! I must have lost some inches though as the pants I wore on the plane going were pretty loose on the way back!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 423 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 242 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?