Will I ever be able to eat these again?

Jennifer L.
on 9/22/14 3:33 am

I want to know if I will ever be able to eat popcorn, any seeds or nuts (sunflower seeds, almond, walnuts) gummy/vita chews? there is more but right now can't think of them..lol I am about to go into my soft foods diet it has been 1 month 3 days since my surgery. I have 2 more months before my next appointment with the dr and dietitian plus i want to hear from people who have been there done that...lol

kbb0185
on 9/22/14 3:48 am
RNY on 07/15/14

I am 10 weeks post op, so not much more than you.  But I have not tried any of those things.  I am sure we can eventually, I am just a scaredy cat!

Surgery Date: 07/15/2014

gtrdyfor50
on 9/22/14 3:48 am
RNY on 10/08/13
I eat popcorn and almonds. I did not start though until month 7 for the almonds and about month 9 for the popcorn.

peaches_84
on 9/22/14 5:34 am

Wednesday will make 5 weeks for me and I ate sunflower seeds for the first time since surgery over the weekend. I didn't suck on the shell like I use to though. I didn't want all the salt. I cracked it open and got the seed and chewed it down and swallowed. The seed is already extremely small but I didn't have any problems with it. In fact, I enjoyed it and I still lost weight over the weekend. Friday I was 232 and Sunday I was 229.

I really want to try popcorn because I have an addiction to popcorn at the movie theater but it is a lot of butter and not healthy. Try to find something else other than popcorn to eat. Do the seeds, sunflowers. I don't know about the nuts. I am scared to try it because I never experienced vomiting or this "dumping" thing. Good luck

PS.. OMG I SWEAR someone is by my cube eating popcorn... I smell it so strong right now... dammit lol

Jennifer L.
on 9/22/14 8:50 am

i got the 100 calorie smart pop popcorn that i want to try down the line i was thinking sunflower seeds not in the shell though

Jenn S.
on 9/22/14 5:37 am - Boise, ID
RNY on 06/16/14

I have been eating nuts since 1 month out.  I don't eat popcorn yet but am told I will be able to around month 6. I am 14 weeks out.  

Dcgirl
on 9/22/14 5:48 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I am over 9 months out but not a vet by any means.  I allowed popcorn back into my diet but realized that I had to buy 100 calorie portion controlled bags or I could eat wayyyy more than one serving.  I have cut back on those bags since 100 calories for carbs and no protein will not get me to my goal.  If you crave something crunchy, I would recommend pickles or cheese crisps.  I also have tried (and enjoy) roasted chickpeas as well as Kay's naturals protein snacks.  Both on amazon.com.  

Jennifer L.
on 9/22/14 9:05 am

i have tried the special k popcorn chips which my tummy was ok and they are yummy! what about chewing gum? or like the chewy supplements not the gummy but just chewy I am having issues with chewable vitamins (chalky)  as for pickles I love them! i am looking for snack things that i get alot of protein in my meals I am actually just starting tonight to do an actual meal grilled fish with steam veggies in a light sauce i have been scared to do an actual dinner meal thinking i can't get it all in...lol

NYMom222
on 9/22/14 12:23 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I am 8 weeks out and have been eating seeds and nuts for at least 2 weeks. No fear, LOL you will get to eat them again. Good Luck!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

GodsChildII
on 9/22/14 12:54 pm - Seattle , WA
RNY on 08/05/14

I am seven weeks out and I am allowed seeds and nuts and have eaten all of the ones you mentioned in moderation with no problem. I have also tried Skinny Pop from costco with no problem at all!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 539 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 411 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 277 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics