pain when missing calcium supplements???

wendy_fou
on 9/24/14 7:13 pm - AR

I'm asking this on the general forum & on the RNY forum because I seem to be an anomaly from what I'm hearing among RNYers and post-ops in general (so far that I've asked privately).

I'm about 8 years out and have been VERY vigilant about my supplementation until this year when, for just various life reasons, I have missed a few days here and there lately of my vitamins.  I have noticed when I missed my calcium more than 3 or 4 days in a row, I actually start aching.  And I do mean ACHING as in TANGIBLE PAIN.  It stops when I start up again after a day or so. 

This isn't in my mind because it took me a few times missing to even narrow down that that is what it was that was causing it (the only thing I had in "common" with the pain coming on that could have been causing it that I can tell).  I really honestly believe that is it as hard as it is to believe.

So at the risk of looking stupid for believing it (which I do at this point since the evidence is overwhelming as far as I'm concerned as far as the timing and the lack of other coinciding factors), I'm asking if anyone else has ever had PAIN when stopping and/or missing several days in a row of calcium supplements? 

Thanks

Wen

poet_kelly
on 9/24/14 7:54 pm - OH

I have no idea why missing a few days of calcium would cause pain.  But if it does, well, don't skip days.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

psych_rainbow
on 9/27/14 9:52 pm - Atlanta, GA

I've had that same experience.  I am usually pretty diligent about taking my vitamins and calcium, but occasionally life throws me off track despite my best intentions.  When I miss taking my supplements for a few days, my body starts to ache - guaranteed.  As soon as I am back on track a few days, the aches and pain go away.  There is definitely a correlation between the two.  It is for this reason that I've been much better about staying on track because I hate that achy feeling (and I know what missing doses is ultimately doing to my body).  Those aches and pains are just the tip of the iceberg, so to speak 😣.

Alibye
on 10/1/14 12:56 pm

I have no direct experience to share regarding calcium, but I do have an observation to offer.

consider this.  If your life is so hectic or stressful or busy that you are missing a few calcium supplements, could it be that extra stress or activity causing the aches instead?

just a thought...

Alibye
on 10/1/14 12:56 pm

I have no direct experience to share regarding calcium, but I do have an observation to offer.

consider this.  If your life is so hectic or stressful or busy that you are missing a few calcium supplements, could it be that extra stress or activity causing the aches instead?

just a thought...

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?