What's on your menu today, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 9/25/14 10:18 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Happy Friday, OH World! After a cold and dreary day yesterday it's bright blue and crisp here - lovely! I'm planning to walk to work this morning (before you get too excited, it's only three blocks) and make it a good one.

I continue to try all the different Kay's Naturals products that arrived at my house earlier this week. Yesterday I had a bag of Veggie Pizza Protein Puffs - delicious! They're sort of like a grown up cheese puff. Today's trial is the BBQ Snack Mix. I used to be a Chex Mix addict and have been craving that type of flavor and crunch recently so I'm hoping this might be a healthy alternative. 

Update on the great Caramel Apple Pie Light and Fit Greek Yogurt Hunt of 2014: bought another dozen last night! My local grocery restocked!

Time since surgery: 6 months

B: Caramel Apple Pie L&F Greek Yogurt with sliced almonds and Fiber One Original (more on this addition below)

S: CHIKE!, coffee, and raw almonds

L: bento box - deli ham, Babybel Light, and crispy chocolate chickpeas

S: Kay's Naturals Snack Mix

D: TJ's chicken sausage and steamed veggies

S: CoolWhip FroYo and maybe something else if I need it

TOTALS: Calories 918, Protein 87, Carbs 87, Fat 46

V/W: started

E: walking to work and then hitting the Y this evening - I started my second 50 gym challenge in July and I'm STILL NOT THERE, I really want that new gym bag, damnit, so I need to step it up

You might have read later in the day yesterday that I had my 6 month follow up appointment at my surgeon. They were very pleased with my progress and all my labs look great. One interesting thing that came up is in regards to Miralax! I was under the impression that it was one of the "safe" things to use on a more regular basis, but my PA cautioned me against taking this route. The last 4-6 weeks I've been experiencing a lot of constipation so had been using Miralax pretty much every other day. My PAs advice was to up my fiber, incorporate a fiber supplement and only use Miralax on an occasional basis, lest become dependent on it.

I'm going to have to do a little more research on my own, but I did pick up some SmartFiber last evening and will be putting it in my Chike this morning instead of Miralax. I'm also going to use Fiber One to add crunch to my yogurt - it's super low cal and the carbs aren't bad bang for your buck. I also changed my settings in MFP for Fiber is one of the nutrients I see in my dairy view and will be trying to get 29 grams a day, as per her recommendation. Today I'm at 28 without the supplement so that's awesome!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

AZPatty
on 9/25/14 10:30 pm
RNY on 02/25/14

Good Morning Everyone!  Anny, that is interesting stuff about Miralax.  I was under the same assumption as you that it is safe.  I didn't put it in my morning tea until I can find out more info on this. 

Great day today.  Conferences finished yesterday, last day today and then two weeks off!  I love teaching but equally enjoy my breaks!  I have big plans of hitting the gym every morning. 

Have a great Friday everyone.

B:  premier protein, tea

L:  lasagna cup

S:  greek yogurt

D:  TJ's chicken sausage, veggies

S:  apple with PB2, popcorn

Totals:  841 calories, 79 protein, 76 carbs

AnnyBananny
on 9/26/14 3:51 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

So Patty, what's your school year like, do you have year-round school? Around here the kids have only been in school for about 4 weeks at this point.

AZPatty
on 9/26/14 6:34 am
RNY on 02/25/14

We start two weeks before the other schools. We started the first of Aug. We go to school for 9 weeks-- off for 2 weeks, school 9 weeks off 2, 9 weeks off 2, then it is summer and we have off 8 weeks. I love it!

tracy71
on 9/25/14 10:40 pm

Happy Friday! Did not do as well as I would have liked but lastnite is in the past!

b) waffles with butter n syrup not the best choice I know but the waffles alone were 190 cal 6g protein

l) chicken with birds eye veggies

d) salmon, veggies

will be running about 3 miles tonite in the park

good day everyone! Oh n I bought pb2, I'm excited to try it and will be buying some chike and Kay's snacks too!

AngryViking
on 9/25/14 10:47 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning all!  I am so looking forward to this glorious weekend I can barely concentrate at work.  LOL  On another note, I ordered a bunch of differed Kay's Naturals products from netrition and I can't wait for them to get here.  I'm especially looking forward to trying the cookies.  Anny, I've been looking for the original Fiber One cereal and I can't find it!  Bariatric Foodie and Hungry Girl both use it as a breading in place of regular bread crumbs and I have a bunch of recipes I want to try.

B:  coffee and L&F yogurt in strawberry cheesecake

L:  deli chicken and cheese roll-ups with flatbread crisp crackers and Laughing Cow wedge

D:  scrambled egg/egg white with feta and piece of WG toast

S:  Breakstone cottage doubles in peach

V/W:  in progress

E:  dog walking

Totals:    Cals:  700   Protein:  51  Carbs:  59  Fat:  27  Sugar:  22

AnnyBananny
on 9/26/14 3:53 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Hmmm....weird that you can't find just plain 'ole Fiber One. It's just the one that looks like twigs. Honestly I don't even know when I bought mine last. I keep it in an air tight canister on my counter and it seems to stay fresh forever. 

Wait until you try these Kay's Naturals things, they are pretty awesome as far as I'm concerned. My vet friend was a little snobby to me about them - saying how processed they are, but...eff it!

AngryViking
on 9/26/14 4:54 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Processed shmocessed!!  I can't get myself worked up about that kind of stuff.  LOL

Dcgirl
on 9/25/14 11:02 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Good morning, all!  Anny, that IS interesting about Miralax.  My NUT says it's perfectly ok to use all the time.  Different Nuts, different programs.  And yes, I find it ironic and accurate that the shortcut for nutritionist is NUT because I am convinced some of them are :)

I am traveling for the next three days for my brother's wedding down in Charlotte this weekend.  Tonight there is birthday cake for my aunt, Sunday, birthday donuts for another guest, and Sunday night, wedding cake.  I have decided to go the route of not trying a bite of anything since I don't want one bite to turn to four, I have not tested if I am a dumper, and my calories are liable to be higher anyway just by virtue of traveling.  So I am throwing it out here to make myself accountable lol.

Time Since Surgery: 9.5 months

B: Chike!

S: Light and Fit yogurt with chia seeds and almonds

L: 2 roasted garlic chicken sausages from Trader Joe's

S: Chipotle light Laughing Cow Cheese Wedge with Wheat Thinable crackers

D: ???  Ugh I hate the unknown

E: Just did 10 mins warmup on treadmill, 25 minutes of personal training, 30 mins on the Arc Trainer.

750 calories, 73 g protein, 57 g carbs - and then I will have something for dinner, even if it's just a Quest bar.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone! 

AnnyBananny
on 9/26/14 3:54 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Happy wedding weekend, Em! I know food will be a little challenging, but you'll rock it as always.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 364 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 298 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?